Honorable
May 16, 2017
system
ryzen 2200G+stock cooler
gigabyte AB350 gaming 3 rev1x
2400mhz 2x4gb
smasung 860evo
corsair VS450 orange

so i been thinking of overclocking it a little bit from base clock of 3.5 to 3.6-3.65ghz for CPU and 1100 to 1200-1250 for GPU, while keeping voltage to Auto in bios.
i am just wondering will stock cooler be able to handle it, currently my system run under 70C under full load for extended period of time.

i play RUST and would be happy to get 2-5fps increase without pushing it too much.
(yes i know adding more and better ram would give me 5+fps right away, if i had that option i wouldve dont it )

system
ryzen 2200G+stock cooler
gigabyte AB350 gaming 3 rev1x
2400mhz 2x4gb
smasung 860evo
corsair VS450 orange

so i been thinking of overclocking it a little bit from base clock of 3.5 to 3.6-3.65ghz for CPU and 1100 to 1200-1250 for GPU, while keeping voltage to Auto in bios.
i am just wondering will stock cooler be able to handle it, currently my system run under 70C under full load for extended period of time.

i play RUST and would be happy to get 2-5fps increase without pushing it too much.
(yes i know adding more and better ram would give me 5+fps right away, if i had that option i wouldve dont it )
IIRC... overclocking MEMORY has the greatest single benefit for gaming. So go after that first.

Following finding the best memory speed...go after the GPU next.

Overclocking the CPU offers very little benefit, both in terms of actual clock speeds you can get and especially in terms of FPS in games. Too, it tends to limit how much GPU overclocking you can get since package thermals are increased. So don't bother with CPU until you've got the most you can out of the GPU.

There's quite a few how-to vid's of people doing it. might want to check out a few. Many are on stock cooling.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=overclock+2200g

rookieGamer

Honorable
May 16, 2017
IIRC... overclocking MEMORY has the greatest single benefit for gaming. So go after that first.

Following finding the best memory speed...go after the GPU next.

Overclocking the CPU offers very little benefit, both in terms of actual clock speeds you can get and especially in terms of FPS in games. Too, it tends to limit how much GPU overclocking you can get since package thermals are increased. So don't bother with CPU until you've got the most you can out of the GPU.

i am using adata memory AD4U2400J4G17-R not sure if i can over clock them, it does show up in Bios just did try it.