[SOLVED] Overclocking a Ryzen 5 2600x ?

ILi0vski

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
I have a quick question
Is it safe to overclock ryzen 5 2600x to 4.0 Ghz with rog b450-f and coolermaster mwe 750 gold psu ?

Solution
OC in your BIOS.
There are some good Ryzen (Zen+) OC guides on the web, use them.
I would NOT OC with Ryzen Master or any other Windows software.

Also read this:

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I agree with CountMike.
I have a 2600 OC'd to 4 Ghz on an Asus ROG Strix B450-F but I use an Arctic 33 eSports Edition (dual fan) cooler and it's in a mesh front case with Excellent airflow/case cooling.

So as long as you use a decent aftermarket cooler and have good case airflow to keep the CPU temps down it will be fine.

Reactions: ILi0vski

ILi0vski

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
I will oc with MA620P which is also a 2 fan cooler and my case has mesh front panel too and it has 3 preinstalled fans, the temperature in my room is around 20°C

ILi0vski

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
I was worried about the psu is it good enough good for oc
I mean its gold rated 80+ 230v also has a quiet 120mm fan but i want to hear your oppinion

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
The case should be fine and ambient/room temp is good.
The Cooler Master MA620P looks decent and should be fine.
The Cooler Master MWE 750 Gold looks like a fairly decent PSU and should work fine even with that CPU OC'd.

I say go for it.
Just be sure to go slow and test for stability as you go.
I personally spent about few hours a day for a week OCing and stability testing my 2600 and the RAM on that PC.

Last edited:

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
OC in your BIOS.

Also read this:

Solution

ILi0vski

Commendable
Oct 27, 2020
OC in your BIOS.

Also read this:
Ok i just hope this goes well cause i'm a little bit nervous right now...

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
You mean reseting bios? I've done it once on my motherboard .
Yes, it is very common to have to do that when OCing.

Clear CMOS using these steps:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
CLRTC jumper location can be seen on page 1-2 here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...ING/E14401_ROG_STRIX_B450-F_GAMING_UM_WEB.pdf
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

Good Morning Guy's

Seeing how you said you have your phone take a screen shot of DMAN999 instructions he posted and it should be in your gallery.

Ocing the 2600x should be no problem @ 4ghz. But do as DMAN999 suggested and test along the way, then give it some over night testing for final tests when you think you have it where you want it.

On the bigger brother of your board the x470 and my 2600x I was able to get 4.125ghz @ 1.35625v
Soc set @1.10
LLC I think was Level 3.
Please don't use my settings, I only gave them so you can have some Idea of a comparison as each mobo and cpu has it's own characteristic's.

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Good Morning Guy's

Seeing how you said you have your phone take a screen shot of DMAN999 instructions he posted and it should be in your gallery.

Ocing the 2600x should be no problem @ 4ghz. But do as DMAN999 suggested and test along the way, then give it some over night testing for final tests when you think you have it where you want it.

On the bigger brother of your board the x470 and my 2600x I was able to get 4.125ghz @ 1.35625v
Soc set @1.10
LLC I think was Level 3.
Please don't use my settings, I only gave them so you can have some Idea of a comparison as each mobo and cpu has it's own characteristic's.

I got a b450 Tomahawk max with 2600x fine at 4150 at 1.46 volts should I just reduce the volts slowly? See if stable?

On these ryzen systems yes IT CAN.
LLC is Load Line Calibration.

By running llc you can lower the voltage to a range that will give good stability and still have performance.
By going for max clock you are sure to replace your processor @ that high of voltage.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS