Question Overclocking i5-9600k results

tjwine22

Commendable
Jul 15, 2017
using intel tuning extreme utility I managed to get 4.7GHZ on core ratio but 4.6 on cache ratio, this seems a bit low compared to others ive seen online, keep in mind im using the sliders since im too afraid to use advanced since im still new and afraid of frying my CPU, any tips would be helpful

CPU: i5-9600k
MOBO: Z390 UD
Cooler: cooler master EVO 212
GPU: rtx 2070 super MSI OC
Ram: 8gb x 4 3200MHZ corsair vengance
PSU: EVGA 750 gold+

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
using intel tuning extreme utility I managed to get 4.7GHZ on core ratio but 4.6 on cache ratio, this seems a bit low compared to others ive seen online
Because that cpu's capable of 5.0ghz easily, and then some, but you don't have the cooling for that.

...im too afraid to use advanced since im still new and afraid of frying my CPU, any tips would be helpful.
Then don't OC.
You can still screw up using software you are unfamiliar with. The best results are achieved through bios.

If you can't put in the time to do the necessary research and are afraid of the risks involved, then use this:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28772/Intel-Performance-Maximizer
Intel's own automatic OC program will do it for you.

tjwine22

Commendable
Jul 15, 2017
I do have the time problem is Its hard to find a guide at least for me that explains what everything is, for the core ratio I'll usually get a good explanation but for load line calibration its just usually something like "controller for load line"