Overclocking thru Windows or thru the BIOS?

I have this utility that came with my motherboard called EasyTune, it is
used for overclocking. Should I use this utility or is it better to do it
thru the BIOS?
Also, how careful should I be with overclocking my CPU and VideoCard?

David;
Do you know in detail exactly what you are doing?
Are you aware your hardware warranty is most likely void the instant you
overclock?
Do you have the added cooling etc that may be necessary because of
overclocking?
If you are unsure about any of the above, it is best that you do not
overclock.

Search Google for overclocking for more information.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have this utility that came with my motherboard called EasyTune, it is
>used for overclocking. Should I use this utility or is it better to do it
>thru the BIOS?
> Also, how careful should I be with overclocking my CPU and VideoCard?

"David Mills" <davidmillsjd@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have this utility that came with my motherboard called EasyTune, it is
>used for overclocking. Should I use this utility or is it better to do it
>thru the BIOS?
>Also, how careful should I be with overclocking my CPU and VideoCard?

Be very very careful.

The first thing you should be aware is that any hardware warranty on
your motherboard etc. will be automatically rendered null and void the
instant you overclock it.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--