Overheat warning on 7VT600

I'm using a Lian Li PC-6070 silent case. Here's a picture:
http://www.IMGSpot.com/u/04/151/20/IMG_1350.JPG

Running an Athlon 2700+. I was running SETI@home and the most it ever
got to was 73 degrees C. Today I was converting some video files
(Using the included video editor in Windows XP) and I got the warning.
It hit 80 degrees.
What canI do to cool things down? Alll the fans are spinning, I have
a Cooler Master heat sink. I tried one by Spire with a bigger fan,
but as soon as I booted I got the overheat warning. So I went back to
the Cooler Master.
Any suggestions?

From the looks of your pic, 1st thing i would do is replace the HSF.

"Harry Edwards" <ih8spam@don'temailmeiwillreplyhere> wrote in message
| I'm using a Lian Li PC-6070 silent case. Here's a picture:
| http://www.IMGSpot.com/u/04/151/20/IMG_1350.JPG
|
| Running an Athlon 2700+. I was running SETI@home and the most it ever
| got to was 73 degrees C. Today I was converting some video files
| (Using the included video editor in Windows XP) and I got the warning.
| It hit 80 degrees.
| What canI do to cool things down? Alll the fans are spinning, I have
| a Cooler Master heat sink. I tried one by Spire with a bigger fan,
| but as soon as I booted I got the overheat warning. So I went back to
| the Cooler Master.
| Any suggestions?

If you are not over clocking you might try to adjust your vcore down a
little. I had almost the same problem as you, and I found that first
of all the reading in bios was higher than recommended vcore, so I set
it down a liitle, and it has cooled down by a few degrees. That was
several months ago, and so far no performance issues, system is stlll
running good. You might also check the standard things, and be sure
that you have thermal compound on your cpu and heat sink, and the the
heat sink is seated well on the cpu.

On Mon, 31 May 2004 15:42:15 -0400, Harry Edwards
<ih8spam@don'temailmeiwillreplyhere> wrote:

>I'm using a Lian Li PC-6070 silent case. Here's a picture:
>http://www.IMGSpot.com/u/04/151/20/IMG_1350.JPG
>
>Running an Athlon 2700+. I was running SETI@home and the most it ever
>got to was 73 degrees C. Today I was converting some video files
>(Using the included video editor in Windows XP) and I got the warning.
>It hit 80 degrees.
>What canI do to cool things down? Alll the fans are spinning, I have
>a Cooler Master heat sink. I tried one by Spire with a bigger fan,
>but as soon as I booted I got the overheat warning. So I went back to
>the Cooler Master.
>Any suggestions?

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 03:01:05 GMT, "Another Anonymous"
<AnonMail@SBCGlobal.Net> wrote:

>From the looks of your pic, 1st thing i would do is replace the HSF.
>

>"Harry Edwards" <ih8spam@don'temailmeiwillreplyhere> wrote in message
>| I'm using a Lian Li PC-6070 silent case. Here's a picture:
>| http://www.IMGSpot.com/u/04/151/20/IMG_1350.JPG
>|
>| Running an Athlon 2700+. I was running SETI@home and the most it ever
>| got to was 73 degrees C. Today I was converting some video files
>| (Using the included video editor in Windows XP) and I got the warning.
>| It hit 80 degrees.
>| What canI do to cool things down? Alll the fans are spinning, I have
>| a Cooler Master heat sink. I tried one by Spire with a bigger fan,
>| but as soon as I booted I got the overheat warning. So I went back to
>| the Cooler Master.
>| Any suggestions?

What is the HSF?

I solved the problem. I was averaging about 78 degrees Centigrade. I
wiped off the Radio Shack heat sink compound and used some Arctic
Silver. Bam... my temperature is staying at 55C. Thats a 20 degree
difference! My AMD system actually runs cooler than my Intel - which
I found surprising. Actually, not... since the 2700+ runs at 2.1 and
the Northwood runs at 2.8. I think I'll get a Athlon 3200+ now,.