Overheating when gaming

sagungw93

Reputable
Mar 29, 2014
Hello guys, I'm new here. I want to ask you all about overheating. I know this has been a common problem and I can just googled it but I haven't find any solution that I think will really solve.

and yeah, my pc ( spec below ) always has high temperature when I play games. it goes around 70 - 90 Celcius degrees in GPU-z monitor and for some game, crashes in the middle of the game. I recently play Assassin's Creed 3, Remember me, Sleeping dogs, Dead Space 3 and even the not "heavy" games like the incredible adventure of van helsing and Dota 2. I already low the settings and resolution and for some games it works, some doesn't for like Assassin's Creed 3 and van helsing.
I already check for the dust but I dont think that is the problem. and some said that the PSU is the problem. I'm a bit dissapointed in the end for playing such games in low setting and resolution with this pc. so what should I do?

Thanks in advance

Computer setup:
Intel Core i7-2600K, ASRock P67 Pro3 SE B3, HSF Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo,
Corsair 2 x 4GB, ASUS NVidia GTX 560 Ti, HDD Seagate 1 TB, Back Cooler Master
fan 12 cm, PSU Corsair 550w, LG Monitor E2241, Mouse Powerlogic G11, Keyboard Logitech K120

tardis42

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
What component is hitting those temperatures - GPU or CPU?

Edit: Sorry, I see you were getting that from GPU-Z, so I'm assuming that was your GPU temp. 70 is not unusual for a GPU under heavy load, but 90 is worrisome. My first thought would be a problem with the GPU cooler. Make sure fans are spinning and there's no dust collected in the heatsink fins. If you have a GPU that's compatible with tweaking software like Asus AI Suite or MSI Afterburner you might be able to reduce your clock speed and/or increase fan speed.