Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
Has anyone upgraded to this BIOS version yet?

Confirm:

Supports C2D multiplier changes?
Stable?

What is the range of multiplier adjustment? Can you change the multiplier above default? or only below?

Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
i was told by many people that the 1407 BIOS, as well as the new P5B BIOS allow you the change the multipliers on ANY Core 2 Duo, are you saying that's not correct?

I know for a fact it can be done on the P5B, and i was told the same was true for 1407 on the P5W DH.

GrimReaperGuy

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I'm running the 1407 BIOS, on the first boot after the BIOS installation, the CPU multiplier was unlocked BOTH ways (from 6 to 20). On subsequent boots, however, it was only unlocked DOWN (6-9, I'm running an E6600).
Curious; at some point I'll flash once more and see if the situation can be replicated.

Logicsequence

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2004
I'm running the 1407 BIOS, on the first boot after the BIOS installation, the CPU multiplier was unlocked BOTH ways (from 6 to 20). On subsequent boots, however, it was only unlocked DOWN (6-9, I'm running an E6600).
Curious; at some point I'll flash once more and see if the situation can be replicated.

anyone else experiencing this?

drifter_888

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I was noticing there were differnt bios upgrades for different OS (XP, 64 bit etc.) Why does it make a difference. Doesnt' the Bios only control the MB, Processor and Devices. The devices would need their own software drivers to be compatible with the OS. But I didn't expect the Bios to have to be compatible with the OS. Sorry if it seems stupid but I have never upgraded any BIOS othen then in my Ipaq and once a very long long time ago .... I think the original Star Wars was being released.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Nothing very fancy about the BIOS release. As someone had stated earlier, after you flash it and reboot, for some odd reason, the BIOS says you can move the multiplier up, but if you try, your computer will just reboot and set it to a different multiplier (at least it did on mine). One other thing is the onboard sound option. Don't quiet understand the whole Vista and non-Vista option about sound. Anyone else understand that about this BIOS release?

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
Check wusy's signature. It should state it in the overclocking guide.

Anyone else have any motherboard issues? I hope they release a BIOS update that will fix the boot time for the BIOS itself! I've already tried disabling Q Fan and it doesn't help. Is it because I have 5 USB devices plugged in? I've noticed it slows down on boot when searching for USB devices...

KOne

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2004
the best i have gotten out of mine is 367x9 w/1.4v. i could get it higher but its going to need more voltage. my temps run hot at any thing over 1.4v, but i just got a bigger radiator and waiting for the radbox, should be here today or tomorrow.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
For KOne only (sorry it's somewhat off topic people)

I got mine to 400 * 9, but I yet to figure out what voltage to use in order to maintain the overclock (I've gone to 1.52V and I'm too scared to go higher :oops: ). I have a Thermaltake Silent Water for the CPU. As of now, with ambient room temperature at 24C, my CPU idles at 33C w/ Speedstep and C1E enabled 55C on full load. When overclocked to 333 * 9 w/ Speedstep and C1E enabled, CPU idle: 37C load: 57C.

My main problem with this ASUS P5W DH Deluxe mobo is cooling the motherboard. I have two 40 mm fans on the nb and sb and well as ASUS's fan that you clip on to the heatsink near the CPU. My case is an Antec P180B and I have 2 fans (1 exhaust to the back and 1 exhaust to the top) and the radiator/pump/fan is mounted to the front of the case. My ATI X1900XT has an Accelero X2 on it and I think this is where the motherboard is recieving the most heat.

Lastly, if you wish to talk more about overclocking, I suggest to create a new thread as to not anger other readers (one in particular, but will not mention who :twisted: )

Anyways... anyone else have an issue with the motherboard taking too long to boot into Windows?

KOne

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2004
i got you.. on boot up my bios reads the two case usb's that i got hooked up and it goes by pretty quickly. its probably all those usb's u got hooked up.

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
*sighs* Not my fault that webcams, printers, keyboards, mouses, and UPS decide to use USB! :(

Then again, when I built my computer and was testing it, I didn't have any USB devices hooked up and it still took forever to load, regardless, it came with BIOS 1301 :?

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps I should go ahead and buy a cheap LGA 775 CPU just in case I should ever run into that problem, huh? I didn't realize BIOS updates could screw you over that bad!