P8p67 pro wont turn on

ellick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I went and got a p8p67 pro today and i5 2400 with 4 sticks of RAM. I installed everything into my old machine swaping out the old MB CPU and RAM. It's conected with a 750 TX PSU. When I boot it up I get 2 red lights on my MB one of them being CPU Led and the other I think is memok but I'm not real sure. The fans spin for about half a second then stop and computer turns off. I'm not sure how to fix this as I hardly know anything about building computers so any information would be helpful before I take it to a repair center so the can overcharge me to fix it.

U may slightly increase the voltage of the RAM, since u are using 4 sticks.

But, try to boot with only 1 stick.

ellick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I tried that and still same thing. Further investigation I found that its CPU led and VGA led red lights that flash when I try to boot. They flash red and system dies untill I unplug and plug back in to try again.

ellick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I'm not sure what you are talking about but if you mean am I useing my old hard drive I had in my other build so I wouldn't have to buy another one with another OS then yes. I can't re-install anything as my computer won't boot or even post for that matter

OK, red CPU light, is a problem. Check the CPU, it may have a paste on the connector or make sure nothing is bent. Make sure the 8 pin is correctly plugged in...

ellick

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
There are a few pins that look bent but I can't really tell because they are so small and my horrible eye sight. But all of the pins are a brownish color with some lighter looking ones scattered throughout the brown ones.

MxMatrix

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Checking for bent pins can be a drag, but it solved many problems.

Second to that is making sure there's no paste or smudge on the connector side of the cpu. Clean it with white spirit (use sparse!) and paper towel.

Third is making sure any pci-e / pci cards are set in just right.

Faulty or incompatible ram causes similar behavior, so testing each stick one at the time can be helpful.