Darkangel903

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Hello,

I just got my new p8z68-v Pro/Gen 3 I got everything connected and what not. This is weird what is happening, when I start the computer everything starts fans, GPU, LEDs and what not. But the CPU LED comes on and also there is no display. I have tried resetting BIOS but nothing yet. I mean you can hear that its working because you can hear the Hardrive running the CD ROM reading disk ect...

What could this be and how can I fix this.

My CPU is a Intel I5 2500k, I have a geforce GTX 560ti, 8gb of 1.5 volt 1600 ram. 600 watt power supply that works.
I mean im really confused because everything runs, if it was a major problem with the CPU nothing would start up right? Any one know how to fix this.

This is my 1st start up with this new motherboard, everything works the RAM and graphics card its jsut a new motherboard.

Oh also I don't get any beeps.

Solution
Ah. Yes, I did that accidently. Since then, I open 2 windows, one that shows RAM and the other is the Motherboard RAM support pdf file :) I copy and paste to search Newegg to see if they have it.

Darkangel903

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
Alright so I talked to asus tech support and they said I might be able to fix this problem by updating the bios. But how can I do this if I don't have any signal on my screen to do it. If you know how please dumb it down so I can understand it. Also any other ideas are welcomed.

mikeny

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006
Ah. Yes, I did that accidently. Since then, I open 2 windows, one that shows RAM and the other is the Motherboard RAM support pdf file :) I copy and paste to search Newegg to see if they have it.

Solution