Jan 13, 2021
Hi, guys! I am living in Germany, am an ex-UnityMedia costumer and now Vodafone customer. I noticed that I am loosing packets between my PC and my, Vodafone-provided, Vodafone Station. Can you tell me what/if I need to do (anything) about this? I would also like to mention I have been having problems with packet loss and sudden disconnects in games for a while now.

View: https://imgur.com/a/lt11374

My Specs:

-i7 8086K CPU
-Z370-F Asus mainboard
-32 GB Corsair DDR4 RAM
-2080S Asus ROG graphics card
-Seasonic 750W PSU
-Wired connection (Cat. 7)

Last edited:
Solution
This is why understanding how the tools work and how you manually do the testing is important.

This is purely a testing anomaly.

Let say your router actually does lose 100% of the data. That means your internet completely doesn't work ever. Even within the tool how could it every say there is no loss to the final node when it can never get past the router.

All this means is this tools is not showing your problem. Either you do not actually have a real network problem or it is very intermittent and you will need to find a way to collect data when it fails. This is why know how to run actual ping commands yourself is valuable.
Jan 13, 2021
Super strange. Run packetlosstest.com and post the results.
Packet Sizes: 212 and 228 Bytes Frequency: 15 Pings/Second Duration: 10 Seconds Acceptable Delay: 200 Milliseconds

Upload Packet Loss
🠥 0.0%
(0 / 149)
Total Packet Loss
🠥🠧 0.0%
(0 / 149)
Download Packet Loss
🠧 0.0%
(0 / 149)
Late Packets
⏱ 1.3%
(2 / 149)
Average Latency: 149.24ms
Average Jitter: 5.00ms

kanewolf

Titan
Reactions: ChrisB101
This is why understanding how the tools work and how you manually do the testing is important.

This is purely a testing anomaly.

Let say your router actually does lose 100% of the data. That means your internet completely doesn't work ever. Even within the tool how could it every say there is no loss to the final node when it can never get past the router.

All this means is this tools is not showing your problem. Either you do not actually have a real network problem or it is very intermittent and you will need to find a way to collect data when it fails. This is why know how to run actual ping commands yourself is valuable.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution

Latest posts