[SOLVED] Packet Loss on my PC whereas other computer does fine on gaming

nichster_rocks

Commendable
Oct 22, 2017
Dear gurus,

I am experiencing frequent and significant packet loss while gaming (I mainly play Dota 2 and Valorant), and I observed it happened in Dota 2 while the fps also drops from 120+ fps to 80 fps. I tried swapping LAN cable with my brother's and the problem persists, mean while my brothers PC does not encounter packet loss whatsoever.

I have already tried pinging google.com (packet loss ~1% sometimes) and my router (0% loss).

For more info, in valorant it manifests in my character randomly sliding.
For Dota 2, my character wont respond to my command (move, buy items, attack, etc) however i can still pan the map and do other things.

I am starting to suspect component degradation.

ADDITIONAL : The game runs perfectly fine without any issues when I am spectating ...
ADDITIONAL no 2 : The game does not lag when i play against bots offline

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Dear gurus,

I am experiencing frequent and significant packet loss while gaming (I mainly play Dota 2 and Valorant), and I observed it happened in Dota 2 while the fps also drops from 120+ fps to 80 fps. I tried swapping LAN cable with my brother's and the problem persists, mean while my brothers PC does not encounter packet loss whatsoever.

I have already tried pinging google.com (packet loss ~1% sometimes) and my router (0% loss).

For more info, in valorant it manifests in my character randomly sliding.
For Dota 2, my character wont respond to my command (move, buy items, attack, etc) however i can still pan the map and do other things.

I am starting to suspect component degradation.

ADDITIONAL : The game runs perfectly fine without any issues when I am spectating ...
ADDITIONAL no 2 : The game does not lag when i play against bots offline
Check to see if you have IPv6 enabled. If you have IPv6 and your brother doesn't that could explain it. IPv6 will take a different network path than IPv4.

nichster_rocks

Commendable
Oct 22, 2017
kanewolf thank you for your assist.

I will definitely check these and additionally probably do the following :
  1. uninstall intel ethernet driver and restart to use the driver that windows automatically give me
  2. try uninstalling or disabling VMware ethernet drivers which I highly suspect have some effect
The problem is definitely my computer not the ISP or router.

Thank you tho