[SOLVED] Packet loss on router ping

Nov 27, 2018
So few days ago i started to have short disconnects (1-2 secs) while i was gaming.I tried pinging my router constantly and when dc occurred i tabed out to check cmd.It showed Request timed out.Does that mean that problem is only on my part? Should i buy new cable or ask isp for new router(but how will i prove that problem is in router?) or could it be motherboard? When im connected wireless i have no problem at all.Maybe it was win 10 1903 update i did also few days ago that bricked something on software part?

Solution
You have to look up what that means since there is no fixed meaning to lights. Most times it just indicates data traffic being sent and received.

I would check the driver to see if it is the one from the chipset vendor or your motherboard manufacture. Microsoft has been known to load generic ones that it "thinks" are better. There is a setting someplace that tells it to not load third party updates.

You can confirm it is not the router by leaving a ping run on a different device and see if you see outages on the other device.

I would buy a new cable even though you tried a different one just because you really want to hope it is just a cable. You can not fix a broken port in the machine other than buying a card.
Nov 27, 2018
could be 3 things:

1. your network chip
  2. the port on your router
  3. your LAN cable
obviously swapping the cable than the port on the router (if you got more than one) are the first steps to troubleshoot
I tested with different cable and ports,same results...I noticed that only one light on LAN port is blinking.is that bad?

You have to look up what that means since there is no fixed meaning to lights. Most times it just indicates data traffic being sent and received.

I would check the driver to see if it is the one from the chipset vendor or your motherboard manufacture. Microsoft has been known to load generic ones that it "thinks" are better. There is a setting someplace that tells it to not load third party updates.

You can confirm it is not the router by leaving a ping run on a different device and see if you see outages on the other device.

I would buy a new cable even though you tried a different one just because you really want to hope it is just a cable. You can not fix a broken port in the machine other than buying a card.

Reactions: stormye
Solution
Nov 27, 2018

Apparently one light is indicating the connection and other one is indicating activity (blinking one),mine is blinking and other one isnt even lighting up but i got connection,weird...I just unistalled drivers and manually installed ones from mobo manufature website(support for 1809 only) and set not to load any apps unless microsoft store only if thats what you meant.Also tried pining from different device and no packet losses showed up using same 2 cables.I have 3 years of warranty on mobo...Btw after instaling new drivers i didnt get single packet loss so far,i will leave it for few hours to see if anything changes.

Hopefully it works. The setting I am referring to is in the update section it is related to patches not app store stuff....then maybe that is included also. I discovered this the hard way when they loaded a video driver and the machine booted to a black screen, got very lucky that machine happen to have a intel video in addition to the video card.

Nov 27, 2018
Hopefully it works. The setting I am referring to is in the update section it is related to patches not app store stuff....then maybe that is included also. I discovered this the hard way when they loaded a video driver and the machine booted to a black screen, got very lucky that machine happen to have a intel video in addition to the video card.
Ugh,it was fine for 2 hours and than it started again...