[SOLVED] pairing R7 200 series with ryzen 3400 (vega 11 graphics), which driver I install?

Sep 16, 2020
Hi, the questions is right simplified on the title: which driver should I install to best pairing R7 200 series with ryzen 3400 (vega 11 graphics)?

Solution
If you're trying to do hybrid Crossfire, I would first investigate if there is a standalone card that delivers better performance for the same price or less. I was in that situation with an A10 APU system where none of the cards that it could hybrid Crossfire with were as strong as the GTX 1050 Ti that I ended up buying for not much more money. Realistically, a 2gb GTX 1050 would have also worked for me but I wanted the best card that I could get without external power and there are a few 1050 Ti's that don't require it.
Sep 16, 2020
Before that, why you want to pair the 3400G with R7 200 GPU ? Vega 11 is perform similar (or maybe better) than the R7 200 series.
If you still want to use the R7, just instal the driver for R7 200 GPU.
If you join 2 amd card vídeos, specially when one is from processor and another from PCIe, the performance is cumulative, am I wrong? I only don't know how to enable this, to both work together

If you join 2 amd card vídeos, specially when one is from processor and another from PCIe, the performance is cumulative, am I wrong? I only don't know how to enable this, to both work together
Based I know, the Dual graphics is discontinued by AMD since FM2/2+ APU.

image001.png

The Ryzen is don't have this feature anymore.

Hi, I just enabled Hybrid multi monitor on UEFI BIOS, and it just worked, putting the primary card as to be the iGPU (VEGA 11)
My performance almost doubled.
[EDIT]: I see now the threads can access both random memories buffer
Hybrid multi monitor is allowed you to use the onboard graphics, when it should not display because GPU card is detected.
Would you tell us the performance before after doing the hybrid ?

Sep 16, 2020
Hybrid multi monitor is allowed you to use the onboard graphics, when it should not display because GPU card is detected.
Would you tell us the performance before after doing the hybrid ?
YES! I will make a right search to measure before after, because, It's was "wtf" moment, I think It's really powerfull now. But will show soon because I'm curious too.

Reactions: Gerald6049

animekenji

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
If you're trying to do hybrid Crossfire, I would first investigate if there is a standalone card that delivers better performance for the same price or less. I was in that situation with an A10 APU system where none of the cards that it could hybrid Crossfire with were as strong as the GTX 1050 Ti that I ended up buying for not much more money. Realistically, a 2gb GTX 1050 would have also worked for me but I wanted the best card that I could get without external power and there are a few 1050 Ti's that don't require it.

Solution