JohnSmith

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2004

Purchased a used Dell Latitude LM laptop. Will not boot off hard drive. But
the cmos (bios) is protected with an unknown password. So I can't change the
boot sequence too boot from the floppy. Any ideas how to get around that
password ?
Thanks

dell will supply you with a master password if you are the registered owner
of the system. otherwise return the unit from the person that you purchased
it from. of course you could pull the hard disk and the system would
presumably boot from the floppy which is probably further down the boot
priority, but that won't help you much. you could find another machine to
connect the laptop drive to so that you can load an os on to the drive and
then return the drive to this system to boot...