Question Pause Windows 10 update For 2 times ?

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Hi guys, i'm currently running windows 10 latest version 1809.

Since few days, i paused windows updates to be resumed on 2019/5/7, because i was getting a blue screen every time i install some quality update, now i found that quality update got installed lately after normal booting to my PC, i just need to resume updates again to make sure everything is ok.

In case of some trouble happened, maybe i need to pause again, but i heard that i have to install some more updates before pausing for the 2nd time, i'm not sure from this, because this is maybe after the 35 days, but i still before that time.

So my question is: will i be able to pause updates again without forcing me to install newer ones first??

hamada.hosny93

Reputable
Apr 23, 2018
Depends on which version of Windows you have, and you didn''t say.

I already said this at the beginning of my threads, its latest version 1809.

But if you mean build, here you're my current build: 17763.404.

My problem started when i downloaded some cumulative update: build .404 at 2019/04/02, after downloading, it went into installing process, i got blue screen every time the installing process was going on, that's why i clicked to pause updates to be resumed at 2019/05/07.

After few days from that date, i booted my PC normally to find some update is being installed, then i logged in to my windows desktop and then checked build to found its .404 that was showing problem during installation process.

Now all i want to do is to resume updates again to make sure everything is ok, in case of some trouble happened like before, i need to pause again, that's my question in this thread, can i pause updates again with forcing me to install newer ones??