Ripper_ZA

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
Hi

Will this be able to play payday 2 and dota 2 on lowest possible settings?:
Windows 7 SP1 64 bit
Pentium G3240 3.1ghz cpu
Corsair 4gb 1600mhz
MSI H81M-P33 LGA1150 M-ATX Motherboard (Onboard graphics)
no gpu

Thanks

Solution
I'm having a hard time figuring out the actual integrated GPU that you're running, but the lack of GPU is the biggest bottleneck. The fact that said GPU seems to be running at nearly half of the frequency of other Intel chips with already-iffy integrated graphics is also very prophetic.

Dota 2 should in theory be playable, it's a very scalable game that can be lowered pretty well, if you're willing to take a big resolution hit, though I can't be sure since I can't find any benchmarks of this integrated chip.

Payday 2 is unfortunately pretty GPU-heavy for how it looks. On my Intel HD 4000 (running at nearly double the frequency), I can run it at minimum settings, lowest resolution, and a mod that lowers settings even more, and lock it...

Caustic Aspirin

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013
I'm having a hard time figuring out the actual integrated GPU that you're running, but the lack of GPU is the biggest bottleneck. The fact that said GPU seems to be running at nearly half of the frequency of other Intel chips with already-iffy integrated graphics is also very prophetic.

Dota 2 should in theory be playable, it's a very scalable game that can be lowered pretty well, if you're willing to take a big resolution hit, though I can't be sure since I can't find any benchmarks of this integrated chip.

Payday 2 is unfortunately pretty GPU-heavy for how it looks. On my Intel HD 4000 (running at nearly double the frequency), I can run it at minimum settings, lowest resolution, and a mod that lowers settings even more, and lock it at 30 (since framerate fluctuations often seem to introduce lots of input lag), and it'll be playable. On your cut-down GPU, my guess is no; even if you could stand the low framerates, the input lag would make it a headache too play.

Solution