[SOLVED] PC always POSTS, but will only load Windows sometimes ?

May 18, 2021
I recently built a new pc, a field which i am quite experienced with. Either way i seem to have a bit of trouble with my new build. The PC will always POST, but my display only turns on backlight, without even loading BIOS. This happens most times that i reboot the computer. Could this be problems with a bad drive? The RAM is properly tested, and i've never had other beep codes than post. Please help!
With enough tries the PC boots properly, but it usually takes 10-15 tries.

Either way, why would it post sometimes, whilst encountering problems other times?

i've flashed my bios to F20, for intel 11th gen support
i've reset CMOS battery multipl times with no luck

SPECS
Core I5-11600k
Gigabyte B460M DS3H V2
SAMSUNG EVO 970 NVME SSD
32GB crucial 3200mhz ram
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060
Corsair TX750M PSU
Multiple other older drives

(the psu, has been in one of my older systems, running flawlessly, and power consumption shouldn't exceed 750 watts)

Last edited:
Solution
I would breadboard that down to nothing but CPU/mobo/RAM connected to a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. No drives connected, no USB. If it has issues going straight to BIOS and/or the 'flashing no boot drive' screen you have significantly narrowed the issue.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I would breadboard that down to nothing but CPU/mobo/RAM connected to a keyboard, mouse, and monitor. No drives connected, no USB. If it has issues going straight to BIOS and/or the 'flashing no boot drive' screen you have significantly narrowed the issue.

Solution
May 18, 2021
You can't get the bios to load? mean by tapping delete right after starting the pc.
Nope, usually there's No splash screen, and as stated. Only the backlight of the monitor turns on, and i can't force it into BIOS. And the suddenly after a lot of tries it will turn on properly

May 18, 2021
Yeah i might try that tomorrow, i've already replaced the CPU since the first one i got was not posting, and i would be suprised if this one is broken. I have a suspicion that it might be a motherboard issue