[SOLVED] Pc been running flawlessly for about four months, but started lagging in games all of a sudden.

Jan 1, 2020
So, basically this PC is practically new, I built it 4 months ago in January. Ive never really had any problems with it until recently ive been running into lots of lag. It might be my something with my wifi but i really doubt it, I have and have had a few systems in my household for a while, they never caused problems for my pc and they haven't ran into any problems themselves with lag, its just my pc. The pc itself is the only system that is actually plugged into Ethernet too so ive really never had any issues with the wifi.

so... it might be an internet/wifi problem but i doubt it. The lag im having makes it basically impossible to play connection heavy games like brawlhalla (let alone play them competitively). Im basically no longer even able to play some games without completely failing.

I ran some virus detection things and found 2 Trojans on my system which I thought might be causing the problem somehow (idk how that works though) but i removed them and my pc is still running like a potato.

this started happening about a week ago.

this sucks, if anyone could help me props to you....

thanks for reading, hope you can help. :)

Solution
Unplug your HDD. That way its really easy to install windows on your SSD.

You can create a USB bootable media on Microsoft website. Boot from the USB and follow the steps.

Plug your HDD back in after complete.
Is your OS on a HDD or SSD?

Can you reinstall windows? So that you don't have to worry about the malware and viruses. Even though you "deleted" them, depending on what you got infected with they will still run in the background, reinstall at bootup, etc. They can get very complicated.

Jan 1, 2020
Is your OS on a HDD or SSD?

Can you reinstall windows? So that you don't have to worry about the malware and viruses. Even though you "deleted" them, depending on what you got infected with they will still run in the background, reinstall at bootup, etc. They can get very complicated.
the os is on an ssd, i was thinking about doing some sorta hardware reset (if thats what you mean by reinstalling windows) but im also not sure how that would work with having 2 drives, im still testing some things to try and get it to run faster.