Question Pc bios incorrect config/refusal to boot/constant restarting

rozh001

Honorable
May 13, 2016
So yesterday i bought more ram for my pc and upgraded it, when trying to bootup my psu died so i changed it out and had no further issues. Today when i booted up my pc the computer booted into bios and said i had an incorrect configuration. After pressing f7 to get default settings it either goes into a restart loop or goes into go GRUB GNU but cannot go into anything else. I tried with all different ram sticks in different slots, had in 2, 1 or all 4 but the exact same issue persists. I tried taking out the cmos to reset all settings but that didn't help either. I disconnected all my storage besides my nvme ssd which is my main one and tried booting into it, i have a ubuntu option which prompts me into GRUB GNU and then i have the normal option which flicks into a black screen and then takes me back to the f12 boot screen. Typing exit in GRUN yields the same result. Any help?

rozh001

Honorable
May 13, 2016
full ssystem spec? include brand and model of the psu

how exactly did the psu died?
I7-9700k
Z390 gigabyte
32 gigs ram of 3200 mhz, 2 different brands kingston and hyperex which both does have a FURY collab
2080 ti
Evga 650 g2

It died yesterday right after inserting the new ram sticks, it started for a split second and then turned off again. Changed out to a almost identical evga psu and worked fine until this morning. I have disconnected all storage devices besides a ssd with an old Windows setup on it but whenever i try to boot into it i get into a empty console prompt for a few seconds before going back into the bios boot menu. This happened to my main nvme ssd too in the exact same way

rozh001

Honorable
May 13, 2016
I have solved my problem for now. I still have no clue what caused it but i solved it by literally rebuilding my pc and checking every single slot. I don't feel confident on this being a solution that'll last though