Question PC black screening, GPU fans spinning to max while gaming

May 6, 2024
This issue has emerged again after replacing a faulty PSU which was causing my PC to black screen and the GPU fans to spin at max speed. I had to press the restart button to get the PC to restart.
After the screen goes black, I can still hear the in game audio and communicate over the voice chat.
This issue happens ever so often in the following games: Deadlock and The Finals
And rarely while playing Battlefield 1 and PUBG

It stopped crashing in BF1 and pubg after I capped the fps to 120 in these games.

I have run msi kombustor and furmark for hours and nothing happened. Just ran furmark for 2 hours now and it was all good. Gpu temps max out at 76°C
Did a DDU too and the problem persists.

PC specifications:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600
MOBO: Msi B450m pro vdh max
GPU: Inno 3D rtx 2060
RAM: 8gbx2 ddr4 3200mhz
SSD1: Xpg 512gb m.2 nvme
SSD2: 240gb crucial sata
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 650 bronze
Monitor: Acer nitro VG240Y 1080p 180hz
Monitor is connected to the GPU using an HDMI cable.

I personally don't think that the GPU could be at fault here. Additionally my OS gets messed up often. I have to sfc /scannow every month to fix files.

Any further questions and help would be much appreciated!
Thank you!

May 6, 2024
Back when I had the faulty PSU any game and furmark would crash within 6-10 minutes.
And BF1 for example and furmark have no problems running for 2+ hours now. Do you really think that it can be the PSU?

triplex1

Proper
Jun 2, 2024
When you buy power supplies, most people make the same mistake, you take the cheapest one you can find, your card has 180-190 TDP and requires at least 500watt power supplies, you get another 550watt and higher but it must be at least gold

May 6, 2024
When you buy power supplies, most people make the same mistake, you take the cheapest one you can find, your card has 180-190 TDP and requires at least 500watt power supplies, you get another 550watt and higher but it must be at least gold
The 2060 has a TDP of 160W
And this PSU already costs quite a much xO
I thought that bronze was fine. A gold PSU would cost around 2 times as much.

Also about the Heaven test. No crashes yet, over 20 min into the test.

triplex1

Proper
Jun 2, 2024
The 2060 has a TDP of 160W
And this PSU already costs quite a much xO
I thought that bronze was fine. A gold PSU would cost around 2 times as much.

Also about the Heaven test. No crashes yet, over 20 min into the test.
if you not have inno twin , yes has tdp 160w.
I have never been afraid to pay more money for a power supply in the last 25 years thinking about the damage I would have with a cheap one.Also check the requirements of the game you are having the problem with, sometimes they change a lot with some game updates

May 6, 2024
if you not have inno twin , yes has tdp 160w.
I have never been afraid to pay more money for a power supply in the last 25 years thinking about the damage I would have with a cheap one.Also check the requirements of the game you are having the problem with, sometimes they change a lot with some game updates
Noted.
The Finals recommends a 2070 and 1050ti as minimum.
I've been playing with a friend who has a 3060mobile and he isn't having a problem. Also know a friend with a 1070 who plays that game.

Also about the test
50 minutes in, all working fine
Started a CPUz cpu bench to spice everything up.
Cpu is chugging ~80W of power and the GPU ~160W
5 min in, all good

triplex1

Proper
Jun 2, 2024
play and be careful if it does again if you change settings of game or after a long time if something gets hot from your hardware

May 6, 2024
play and be careful if it does if you change settings of game or after a long time if something gets hot from your hardware
Erm, I think I found the issue
The 5600 is running at 93C under stress and it's max temp was 95.5C 💀
Running a stock cooler
I had bought it in May 2024
The AMD website states that the Tj max of the r5 5600 is 90C
Since I've been playing FPS games which are usually CPU intensive, the CPU must be getting crazy hot and crashing

May 6, 2024
I am now over an hour into the Heaven test and over 20 min into the CPU stressing along with the Heaven test.
Since the CPU is getting as hot as 96°C and AMD suggests to keep it cooler than 90°C, it is safe to say that we have found our culprit.
That also explains why games work fine whenever I reduce the FPS and why the PC crashes whenever I set the FPS to 180.
I will buy a decent tower cooler and some fans for my case.
Any further suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thank you!

May 6, 2024
for the psu stress test use occt and then gpu-z rendering option for it check values with hwinfo report any suspect behavior in the readings of hwinfo ,test ssd with there maker software .
Thanks for your suggestions!
Could you also please read one of my latest replies about the CPU and propose a possible solution?

May 6, 2024
buy a cooler before you burn the cpu
😂😂 will do.
That's the problem right? It for sure looks like xD
Which one should I buy?
Got a few in mind
Cooler master hyper h410r
Cooler master hyper 212
Any more solutions? I don't want to get a liquid cooling solution as they're expensive xO

triplex1

Proper
Jun 2, 2024
😂😂 will do.
That's the problem right? It for sure looks like xD
Which one should I buy?
Got a few in mind
Cooler master hyper h410r
Cooler master hyper 212
Any more solutions? I don't want to get a liquid cooling solution as they're expensive xO
Cooler master hyper 212 is enough