Question pc blue screens with additional kit of ram

Feb 24, 2023
built my pc awhile ago, been using 2x8 sticks of TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta 3600 MHz ram, recently i decided to get another kit of 2x8 to upgrade my pc. since then my pc has ran fine for awhile but randomly will blue screen and force me to restart it. Since then i have tried only using the two original sticks and it worked just fine. any ideas on how to potentially fix this issue? (dont know too much about pcs and wanna fix it it possible before returning it)

Feb 24, 2023
Mixing kits of RAM is hit and miss. You got a miss. There are ways to try to make it work but it's a bit of work in BIOS but nothing is guaranteed. If you want sure result then return new RAM, get 2x16 kit and sell old Teamgroup kit.
The ram i got was the same kit that i originally got with my pc. both kits are 2x8gb kits, would this still count as mixing kits since it’s technically 4 of the same ram?

No.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.

What is the make/model of your motherboard?
You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios.

When done,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

Feb 24, 2023
No.
Ram is sold in kits for a reason.
A motherboard must manage all the ram using the same specs of voltage, cas and speed.
The internal workings are designed for the capacity of the kit.
Ram from the same vendor and part number can be made up of differing manufacturing components over time.
Some motherboards, can be very sensitive to this.
This is more difficult when more sticks are involved.
Ram must be matched for proper operation.

What is the make/model of your motherboard?
You can sometimes compensate for errors by increasing the ram voltage in the motherboard bios.

When done,
Run memtest86 or memtest86+
They boot from a usb stick and do not use windows.
You can download them here:
If you can run a full pass with NO errors, your ram should be ok.

Running several more passes will sometimes uncover an issue, but it takes more time.
Probably not worth it unless you really suspect a ram issue.

motherboard is a MSI B550-A PRO