Question PC boot unstable/no monitor signal

May 16, 2020
Hello I recently upgraded most parts of my PC and am running into some issues booting

Basically I have trouble booting sometimes when my memory is overclocked to its advertised 3200MHz clock speed in its default DOCP settings , though it does seem to work normally at 3000MHz. Once I'm actually booted in it worked at 3200MHz without issues. When it doesn't work I see all the fans and lights turn on, however neither of my displays gets a signal.

Is this something that happens regularly? Any fixes I could try?

Thanks

edit 1: after leaving it off over night it seems to not boot again, guess the ram speed didnt fix it

edit 2: one of the CPU power connectors on my motherboard seemed to not be plugged in all the way I still need to check if this was what was causing my problems. If this fixes it the whole memory "problem" might have just been coincidence.

edit 3: had the problem again, removing and reinstalling the CMOS battery let me start it up imediately afterwards, anyone know why this is the case?

Here are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
Memory: Corsair Vengance 3200MHz
GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 amp extreme edition
Motherboard: Asus prime B450-A
Powersupply: Bequiet 630w
Storage: samsung 970 EVO + Seagate 3TB HDD

Last edited:
May 16, 2020
Yes, problem solved

edit: ran into the problem again, removing and reinstalling the cmos battery seemed to have made it work again. When I fastened the plug on the cpu power connecter I also did this, so the power connector might not have been the fix in the first place

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic 40