Question PC boots normally, no crashes but . . . .

Jun 12, 2024
PC boots normally, no crashes, but sometimes just before the startup screen, PC reboots and resets the BIOS. What could be the cause of this ?
i have on my pc
mb : gigabyte gaming x v2
cpu: 5800x
gpu: rtx 3070 ti
ram: f4-3600c19d-32gvrb
the ram is not on qvl list

Last edited:
PC boots normally, no crashes, but sometimes just before the startup screen, PC reboots and resets the BIOS. What could be the cause of this ?
i have on my pc
mb : gigabyte gaming x v2
cpu: 5800x
gpu: rtx 3070 ti
ram: f4-3600c19d-32gvrb
the ram is not on qvl list
Just to get it out of the mix replace the bios bat.

Jun 12, 2024
Just to get it out of the mix replace the bios bat.
i don't think it is the battery no bios reset without the reboot. I have done bios update to see if will fix the issue. my thoughts are on the ram compatability but i have run memtest86 and it passed

Just because your Ram tests okay, does not mean it's compatible with your system (memtest doesn't test compatibility). Since incompatible RAM is one of the usual suspects with this problem I would be suspicious. You can try booting with a single RAM stick, but without knowing your RAM is compatible it will be difficult to diagnose any other issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phillip Corcoran
Jun 12, 2024
Just because your Ram tests okay, does not mean it's compatible with your system (memtest doesn't test compatibility). Since incompatible RAM is one of the usual suspects with this problem I would be suspicious. You can try booting with a single RAM stick, but without knowing your RAM is compatible it will be difficult to diagnose any other issue.
OK thanks for the reply. this is where my thoughts are from the beginning i will test the battery as bob.b said and with the bios updated and see in a couple of days use if the issue persists. thank you again.