PC broken please help

May 5, 2018
I took out the cpu, replaced it with new cpu, didnt put fan back in because i wanted to check if the cpu worked before i did a bunch of work. booted up fine first time, then i turned off because it was making a strange sound, turned back on and in red letters it said something about cpu failure. Now it turns on and continuously beeps 3 times.

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
How long did you leave the CPU running without a heatsink ?

It is fine to do that to post to BIOS to check setup is working but any longer and you may have fried your CPU (which it is sounding like you did.....

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
The most likely and common sense answer is that your CPU is fried as mentioned above. I would get yourself the cheapest possible CPU that fits your Motherboard and see if that fixes the issue mate. No easy solution to your problem unfortunately.

If its new you could try RMA but if they know what they are doing you wont get it replaced !!!

May 5, 2018
I looked up the beep codes and the three beeps was the gpu not being read. I just took it out and got compressed air in the slot, put it back in and we're good. Thanks for the help though.