Nadsj

Prominent
Jun 19, 2020
My computer keeps crashing when I run any game. Sometimes it'll go a day with no crashing at all other times it will consistently crash and restart within minutes of gaming. Usually the screen will just go black and restart the computer, but the temps are never high. I usually idle in the 40's for both cpu and gpu. The highest both of them have gotten is 65 degrees. So I do not think its a overheating problem! Here are my specs:
-msi b450 tomahawk
-Ryzen 5 3600 + lian li 360 aio
-Radeon sapphire rx 590
-Corsair 3600mhz ram (2x8)
-Corsair cx series 750w 80 plus bronze
-1 tb hard drive
-500 gb ssd

Lutfij

Titan
What version of Windows 10 are you on? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? What slots are you populating with the sticks of ram? How old is the PSU in your build? Grey labelled CX unit? Make and model of your SSD? Make and model of your case? Does the issue crop up on days when your ambient room air temps are high(hot)?

Might I ask what titles you've tasked the system with and where you sourced the game installers from?

Nadsj

Prominent
Jun 19, 2020
I am using Windows 10 pro 20h2, BIOS version is 1.E0, 2020-06-09. Ram is using the second and last slots and yes the grey labelled cx unit. Western digital 1tb WD10EZEX HD and crucial bx500. I only play steam games and I don't know if the ambient is affecting it, its usually random cold/hot doesn't really matter. Also the power supply is a year old, and the case is the lian li 011 dynamic.

Last edited: