Pc can NO LONGER connect to the internet (direct connection)

wahjahka

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008
ok so heress some background info, i moved my main computer to the basement and decided to bring my other pc down as well, for lans and stuff. so i have a 75ft rj45 cable going from the modem to the router (which is now downstairs) then i have a cable going from each oc to the router (yes, they are the right cables) they both had internet for weeks, but all of a sudden my other pc just stopped getting it, but my main one still has internet, so i switched cables, still not working, tryed moving it over a slot on the router, still not working, the pc was practicly dead with all the viruses and stuff so i re-installed windows, and im still getting the same problem.
so basicly the problem is that my pc isnt getting internet even with a direct connection...

also, when i open cmd and type in ipconfig it says this: Windows IP configuration..

please help me guys, my friend needs to play starcraft on it! (his mac cant handle it xD)

THANKS,
need any more info? just ask.

Could that be the key? When you resintalled, did you get all the drivers for all the hardware? Have a look in Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager and see if you have yellow marks beside any devices, particularly the network adapter.[/#000ff]