Question PC case doesn’t have space for PSU switch?

Dec 25, 2019
Hello! I am a 14-year-old trying to upgrade my PC’s power supply, and I’m having an issue. The new PSU is right size, however my PC case does not have a PSU button gap built into it...
Is there any way I can work around this, like cutting a hole into the back of the case or something? The old PSU does not have a switch, so I’m guessing that’s why the case does not either, as it is pre-built.

Dec 25, 2019
Ok. Thanks:

Can you please confirm that
  1. This is your computer: Lenovo Legion Y520 Tower
  2. This is your power supply: Corsair VS550
I'm concerned because the Lenovo link suggests that the tower came with a 450 watt PSU and not a 280 watt unit. Additionally, if the links are correct, then there shouldn't be any issues with the power switch.

-Wolf sends
Hello. The PSU link is correct, however I am quite sure the PSU is 280W on some of the desktops. Here is a link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-Legion-Desktop-Windows-GeForce/dp/B078GCCJ5W

Also, the problem is not with the power switch itself, but the fact that there is no place for it to go through the back of the case. There is only a part for the power cable.

USAFRet

Titan

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok. Here is the image of the back of the tower from Lenovo's site and the back of the new power supply.

z5RrMTG.jpg

The part I highlighted in yellow should be part of the power supply and just leave an open space when it's removed.

-Wolf sends

Dec 25, 2019
Ok. Here is the image of the back of the tower from Lenovo's site and the back of the new power supply.

z5RrMTG.jpg

The part I highlighted in yellow should be part of the power supply and just leave an open space when it's removed.

-Wolf sends
Alright, thanks a lot. I was worried it would take something like getting a different PSU, but you have helped me more than I could have asked for. Thanks once again :)