Question Pc case fan rattling noise

Shirox

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Hi,

My pc case is an aerocool aero 1000. One of the front fan is really loud (the bottom one). I never installed new fans nor tried to fix them. So my questions are:
1. How can I fix it if it is fixable at all?
2. How can I access to the front fans? I can't/don't know how to remove the front dust filter without damaging it.
3. I tried to check where are they plugged in but couldn't find it. The mobo has 2 place for case fans but one of them is empty and the other has the back one plugged in. I don't even see where are the front fans cables are or how are they connected.
My mobo is asus h170 plus d3

parker_307

Distinguished
Hello
Lets start with this, how old is the fan? And to gain access to the front panel and to remove the dust filter look in the manual for the case. Can also be found here.

Check for anything maybe hitting the fan or any other observations and let me know. Thanks!

And to answer your questions.

1. More than likely, we just have to narrow down the issue.
2. Consult the manual found here.
3. is there maybe a fan hub or are they connected to a splitter from your PSU?

Shirox

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Hello
Lets start with this, how old is the fan? And to gain access to the front panel and to remove the dust filter look in the manual for the case. Can also be found here.

Check for anything maybe hitting the fan or any other observations and let me know. Thanks!

And to answer your questions.

1. More than likely, we just have to narrow down the issue.
2. Consult the manual found here.
3. is there maybe a fan hub or are they connected to a splitter from your PSU?
Thanks for your answer.
The fans are at least 7 years old.
When I last checked (from inside the pc) there was nothing that touched the fan.
I don't really know how a fan hub looks like and didn't even knew that you can connect them to the psu. Even when I took off the other side of the pc where the cables are I couldn't point out which one was the fans's.
I can check the pc and fans again tomorrow. Maybe I should take some pictures too?

parker_307

Distinguished
Thanks for your answer.
The fans are at least 7 years old.
When I last checked (from inside the pc) there was nothing that touched the fan.
I don't really know how a fan hub looks like and didn't even knew that you can connect them to the psu. Even when I took off the other side of the pc where the cables are I couldn't point out which one was the fans's.
I can check the pc and fans again tomorrow. Maybe I should take some pictures too?
Sure some pictures would help. But maybe its time for some new fans, We'll have to see though

Latest posts