Question Pc case fans.

Sep 5, 2019
evening all, yesterday i bought a new PC case and i built my PC inside of it. (First time) and ive done it all correctly and its working fine. However, my front 3 PC fans dont light up. They spin and work fine but dont light up. My mobo is atx and the fans are powered from molex. Can anyone try and help me get the lights on the fan to work. I dont know the make of the case and dont know the make of the fans sorry!

bioax

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
If the fans are powered by a fan hub, make sure that the fan connectors are plugged in consecutive order. Make sure your first fan goes in the first header, your second fan in the second header, and vice versa. Do not leave any gaps between the headers.

Sep 5, 2019
my case didnt come with a fan hub. 2 of the 3 fan headers go into each other then powered from the power supply and the top fan is powered by the power supply and not connected to the other fan headers.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system specs and OS.

"powered from molex" - does that mean that there are adapter cables that connect in between a standard 4 prong molex adapter and then use some other smaller adapter to connect to the fan(s)?

Do try to identify case and fans. Even just a part number may lead to a "google" answer.

Overall, the motherboard's installation guide should provide some reference with respect to how the fans are (should be) connected, powered, and controlled.

However, there is always the possibility that the fans do not meet the applicable specs, etc. to "light up".

Especially if the fans and case are just some unknown generic knockoff product.

Sep 5, 2019
my specs are:

amd fx 6300 3.5ghz

16gb hyper x fury around 1900mhz

gtx 1050

120gb ssd

500gb hdd

300 watt power supply

i cant find any serial numbers or anything on the case or fans.

As for the molex, basically the 3 fans have molex cables and the bottom 2 molex cables that come from the front 2 fans well 1 of them goes into the back of the over and then a molex cable thing (sorry im new to this btw) from the power supply goes into the back of the molex cable from the bottom 2 fans. as for the top fan, it gets powered from a seperate molex cable from the psu and they all spin fine but they dont light up

Sep 5, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I have the mars mcg pc case. Its looking very good and is running fine however, my fans do not light up as they are supossed to! I have watched the same youtube video over and over but their explaination is very bad and not very clear! They are molex fans and the fan molex connecters are supposed to go inside of each other. Once i did that it said i had to get a 2 pin molex or sometihng but i cant locate one. There is another cable that has 2 pins that comes out of the top fan in the pc case but that is connected to something on the front panel (reset swtich i think im not too sure) can someone please help me out!!!

Sep 5, 2019
stick with 1 thread. don't spam the forum
I have the mars mcg pc case. Its looking very good and is running fine however, my fans do not light up as they are supossed to! I have watched the same youtube video over and over but their explaination is very bad and not very clear! They are molex fans and the fan molex connecters are supposed to go inside of each other. Once i did that it said i had to get a 2 pin molex or sometihng but i cant locate one. There is another cable that has 2 pins that comes out of the top fan in the pc case but that is connected to something on the front panel (reset swtich i think im not too sure) can someone please help me out!!!

It sounds like your fans came with the case? If the fan has the 4 wire power connector and the additional 2 wire connection then that two wire is most likely the power on connection. Your case should then have what appears to be two reset switches. 1 will reset the computert the other shoulod turn on the fan with the 2 wires going to it. I can comment on the other fans since your description did not give me enough information. A guess would be that the 2 wires should be connected to all devices unless 1 powers 2 and 2 powers 3 and so on.

Sep 5, 2019
there is only one reset switch and a power switch. yes the fans came with the case and they only have molex connecters apart from the top fan which has a molex and a 2pin cable but the small 2pin cable from the fan goes into something else coming from the front io.

Sep 5, 2019
yeah ive tried downloading the manual but its confusing. there is a video showing that there should be a 2pin molex as well as a 4pin molex from the top fan but there isnt on mine! There is no fan controller just a 2 pin cable and im sure it has something to do with the lights but its already connected to something else on the front io!?

Sep 5, 2019
hey its me. it just logged me out of my CharleyBeamish15 acc cos i was banned because i accidently duplicated my google tab a few times and made about 5 of the same threads! Im still trying to get my leds to work!

Sep 5, 2019
yeah, im still confused lol! i really want this to work man! It must be something to do with the 2 pin cable coming out of the top fan! Im sure but just dont know where it goes! its already plugged into something as i mentioned so yeah

TRENDING THREADS