PC connected to internet but suddenly can't access any website

Sep 11, 2018
Hello, recently my Windows 10 laptop suddenly could not access the internet anymore. When I would attempt to access a website or google search on any browser (Chrome, Firefox, Opera), an error would be returned saying "[Website] Server IP address not found". Other applications that require your DNS / internet do not work either.

Certain features of Steam will work (like friends, in-game online) but I can't browse the Steam catalog. I use the same WiFi connection on 3 other devices which work fine (that's how I am using this). Ethernet does not work either, nor do hotspots, so I doubt it's a router issue.

However, when I used a proxy server I had no problems connecting to the websites, everything except for Steam (which is supposed to happen) worked fine.

I have tried flushing my DNS and resetting my network settings but no luck. I used the telnet command in Command Prompt and it seems like Port 80 is blocked. I tried enabling it but it remains blocked. I have no anti-virus except for the default Windows Defender (turning it off temporarily does not solve the issue).

Ran a Malware bytes scan and rinsed but no solution. Even using another ISP / router doesn't solve the issue.

I would love to have some help to fix this massive issue, any suggestions and questions are welcome!

Edit: I've using the internet as normal for many years on this PC, only got the problem suddenly this year

LunarDapp

Reputable
Sep 10, 2018
Go to control panel > network and internet > network and sharing center:

Click "Change adapter settings"

You want to then right-click whatever adapter you are currently using (usually ethernet for wired and wifi for wireless) then click properties.

Click Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/iPV4), then click properties:
Ensure radio buttons to obtain IP address and DNS address are set to automatically be obtained

Sep 11, 2018

Hello, thanks for your reply - Unfortunately the issue still remains

LunarDapp

Reputable
Sep 10, 2018

Can you successfully send pings to any websites like google?

Sep 11, 2018
[

[/quotemsg]

[/quotemsg]

I can ping with NSLOOKUP or the IP address, but not with the name

Thanks again for your help

LunarDapp

Reputable
Sep 10, 2018

[/quotemsg]

I can ping with NSLOOKUP or the IP address, but not with the name

Thanks again for your help
[/quotemsg]

Well then it HAS to be your DNS. Go to where I said to check those radio buttons earlier, and try entering in a public DNS server like googles.

Try entering:

OR

for the DNS server to see if that works :)

Sep 11, 2018
[/quotemsg

Well then it HAS to be your DNS. Go to where I said to check those radio buttons earlier, and try entering in a public DNS server like googles.

Try entering:

OR

for the DNS server to see if that works :)
[/quotemsg]

I followed exactly that and put in the public DNS in the IPv4 but the issue still remains