[SOLVED] Pc connectivity issues

Apr 4, 2020
Hi there, my pc won’t connect unless usb tethered. I’ve tried everything so far I’ve used command prompt I’ve updated drivers I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled drivers I’ve done a network reset I’ve used different wireless adapters and I’ve used my power line adapters and I’ve disabled and reenable the adapters and I’ve even fiddled with the power management tab and turned off the thing that disables them yet none of it has worked.

My pc just won’t detect any network connection unless it’s usb tethered through my phone, that’s the only way it gets a connection. I’ve even completely factory reset it and still the same issue and now my network connections setting in control panel says “This folder is empty” I need help and any advice or tips is needed and if you need more details on the problem please don’t hesitate to ask I will gladly tell you exactly what you need to know. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Solution
Boot up a linux live cd and if it works that way, your phone tethering somehow installed something that keeps normal networking from working.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include more information about your hardware and network environments.

PC (hardware specs & OS), phone (make & model), Modem, Router (make & model), make and model powerline adapters, etc..

How many network devices, any static IP's being used?

You mentioned using the command prompt: what commands did you use and how did you apply them? Results?

Which folder (by path/name) is empty?

Who has full admin rights to your network router? You may need help from that person.