Question PC crashed mid game, now won’t turn on

Oct 2, 2024
I need some help or direction. I’ve had my pc for about 5 years and have never had this issue a single time. I was playing The Witcher 3, and my PC crashed mid game. Completely turned off. I turned it back on, it booted and I was able to log in. About 30 seconds later, my PC completely crashed again and I cannot get it to boot now. I tried to clear the CMOS, that did not work. What do I do now? Or where should I start?

PC specs:
Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570 WiFi
Asus TUF 3080ti
AMD 3900x
G.Skill Ripjaws 64gb (16x4) DDR4-3200
EVGA Supernova 1000 GT 80+ Gold (less than 2 years old)

triplex1

Upstanding
Jun 2, 2024
I need some help or direction. I’ve had my pc for about 5 years and have never had this issue a single time. I was playing The Witcher 3, and my PC crashed mid game. Completely turned off. I turned it back on, it booted and I was able to log in. About 30 seconds later, my PC completely crashed again and I cannot get it to boot now. I tried to clear the CMOS, that did not work. What do I do now? Or where should I start?

PC specs:
Gigabyte Aorus Elite x570 WiFi
Asus TUF 3080ti
AMD 3900x
G.Skill Ripjaws 64gb (16x4) DDR4-3200
EVGA Supernova 1000 GT 80+ Gold (less than 2 years old)
see if you have it in windows from update patch KB5043145

Oct 2, 2024
Have you turned off and on with the switch on the back of the PSU?
Yes, many times as I was trying to troubleshoot. Whenever I turn off my psu switch and turn it back on (during normal function), there’s a flash of light somewhere in my case. That is still happening.

Oct 2, 2024
So it's as if it’s not plugged into mains power? No power supply fan, no motherboard lights, nothing?
Nothing is coming on, however, whenever I turn off my psu switch and turn it back on (during normal function), there’s a flash of light somewhere in my case. That is still happening. Also, my keyboard appears to be getting power from my PC as the RGB lights turn on. I don’t have any RGB inside the case other than the motherboard RGB and the RGB on my GPU. Neither of those are coming on though. Which they normally don’t unless it’s booting.

KingLoki

Proper
Jul 10, 2024
Even with another gpu, does the power supply fan continue to spin when turned on. If not its probs the PSU. Trying another PSU would be a good option if its not staying on.If it does continue to spin and stay powered on it might be the mobo or dead cpu.

Oct 2, 2024
The PSU would seem to be more likely the cause of the problem.
I hope you're right. I remembered this morning that I have a buddy with a spare 1080, so I'm going to try and startup with that instead of my 3080ti and go from there.

Oct 3, 2024
Overheating in the CPU or motherboard and bad heat dissipation quality can result in a system crash. While running the system, the CPU, power supply, and monitor generate high heat to work properly. Because of this, having good ventilation in place is necessary