Question Ryzen 7 2700x CPU USAGE Drops to 0.52 GHz While Gaming then back to normal FPS LOW TOO

Sep 30, 2024
Hi, so first I will tell you my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7GHz box
COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Cover
GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 DUAL O12G LHR 12GB GDDR6 192-bit
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Dual Channel Kit (But set at 2933 [with custom timings] in BIOS cuz of the motherboard) CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B450M DS3H V2
PC Case: Inter-Tech C-III Saphir Black
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda, 2TB, 7200rpm, 256MB cache, SATA-III
SSD: Kingston A400 240GB SATA-III 2.5 inch (Windows is on this one)
PSU (Power Supply): Seasonic S12II-620 Bronze 620W
Monitor: LED BenQ Gaming Zowie XL2411P 24 inch 1 ms Black 144Hz

I've uploaded some screenshots with my BIOS settings, MSI Afterburner, NVIDIA Control Panel Global Settings, Powerplan, etc.

So i will tell you a long story short of what I did in terms of perfomance optimizations in Nvidia control panel and etc, then i will tell you about my problem.
in 2017 i bought the GTX 1060 6GB, then in 2019 i bought the CPU, PSU, RAM and cooler i listed above. Couple years later i bought a new motherboard too cuz i went into problems with the old one it was a ASRock AB350M PRO4 R2.0, so i bought the one i have today, the B450M one, then in 2023 in November i bought the GPU i have today, RTX 3060.

The Problem: when i play ALMOST any game like (GOW Ragnarok, Apex, Wi tch it, GOW: Ascension (on RPCS3), Phasmo, Gh ost of Tsushima) after 5-10 minutes depending on the game I play at that moment, the CPU usage drops and my FPS drop too, like an example from 200 fps to 20 and it stays at 20 FPS for 5-10 seconds then everything is back to normal, then after 4 minutes now, the problem occurs again, then after 3 minutes, then after 2, and is like the problem appears more and more often as the time passes. I want to mention that i don't have any problem in games like (Mine craft, Dea th Must D ie, Blo odStrike, Core Ke eper, Proj ect Zom boid, War craft 2 and 3).

Here you have a video i recorded with Nvidia Shadowplay with the problem in GOW Ascension, i opened Task Manager and HW INFO while i play that game. ignore the low fps, that's the game, it's very bad optimized like some of you know AND ignore my friend's voice in the background:

IN THE DESCRIPTION BOX OF THE VIDEO I HAVE THE SETTINGS I MENTIONED CUZ I CAN'T POST LINKS HERE

ht tp s:// youtu. be/ ylNmtckImiI
--^--
^--^--------^--^
backspace here

So from November 2023 i didn't had a single problem with any game, I really believe it is from windows updates because back when i had the 1060 I had weird problems with games, it was like I play any game for 15 minutes then the game exists out on desktop with no error at all, then I restored to my recent windows update and the problem was solved but now i can't do that because the windows will update itself when I restart it EVEN if i change the settings in GROUP POLICY and REGEDIT, that's why I think this problem I have today is because of the new windows updates, i had this problem since June or July 2024 windows update. I also read that my cpu is VERY BAD at Single Core Performance but if it's that, why I'm having this things happening now and not from the very day I bought it?

I installed MSI Afterburner and overclocked the GPU, then undervolt it, now I stay with it undervolted cuz i think i get better FPS
I also have: Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC

What i tried: BIOS version I had F63, and today i updated to F64 cuz i thought it was from the bios update but no, ALL the drivers i installed them clean with Driver Easy PRO, and I downloaded the drivers from the motherboard page too, at GPU I used DDU v18.0.8.0, boot it in safe mode etc, to uninstall ALL the old drivers i had, and I installed the new driver with NVCleanstall_1.16.0, i have all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from TechPowerUp, my Windows is optimized also by me, many notification settings and things like that turned OFF. I don't really know which are the best bios settings especially for my MOBO cuz I'm afraid to break something so I don't change anything there, when i'm not sure of something i google it and i'm documenting myself about that thing in order to know what happens if i turn it ON or OFF but is BIOS man, it depends here. I optimized even my Internet settings with TCPOptimizer and other programs, everything in terms of PERFORMANCE is GREAT, I think :sweatsmile: I also know how to change my settings in game for Quality but also best perfomance I can SQUEEZE outta that game :), shadows very low or low, etc.

!!! What I want to add here guys is, i want to get the Ryzen 7 5700X for everything to be in order and perfect, even that SINGLE CORE thing i mentioned earlier, more FPS and better Perform.. yeah i repeated that word a lot :sweatsmile: SO what can I do, buy the Ryzen 7 5700X or do some new settings somewhere and FIX that problem? Also i want some help with my bios settings if you don't mind, thank you and sorry for writing a book here :tearsofjoy:

Oct 3, 2024
The issue might be caused by thermal throttling or power management settings. Check your CPU and GPU temperatures to ensure they aren't overheating. Additionally, adjust your power plan settings to "High Performance" in Windows, and verify any game-specific settings that might limit performance.

Sep 30, 2024
The issue might be caused by thermal throttling or power management settings. Check your CPU and GPU temperatures to ensure they aren't overheating. Additionally, adjust your power plan settings to "High Performance" in Windows, and verify any game-specific settings that might limit performance.
if you have read the entire thread, you've seen that i posted my video in the comments here, and in the video i showed gpu and cpu temperatures, look for yourself, and in the description i uploaded all my settings, nvidia control panel, POWER MANAGEMENT, etc.

Hey there,

You've a few issues going on.

1. Your PSU needs to be swapped out asap! This PSU is very old. In it's day it was decent. But not now. Not for a gaming PC. Change it before it takes out your PC for you.

2. Why have you set your ram at 2933mhz with 'custom timings'? You should simply run it on XMP/DOCP at 3200mhz, CL16. There is nothing you could do with custom timings that will make that 2933mhz setting faster than XMP.

3. Uninstall Driver Easy Pro. You do not need any 3rd party to manage your drivers. You do not know what these programs do, and you do not know how your data is stored or used.

4. After you updated the bios, did you clear CMOS? If not, you must do this to ensure that the bios update has installed correctly.

What windows power profile are you using? It should be Ryzen balanced power plan. If you do not see Ryzen Balances power plan, then you have not got the correct chipset drivers installed.

Your CPU temps are high. You might have to check that your CPU cooler is working (fans). You may also need to reapply thermal paste on the CPU with the cooler.

Also, TCP Optimizer doesn't do very much at all. I would revert any changes you have made.

Sep 30, 2024
Hey there,

1. Your PSU needs to be swapped out asap! This PSU is very old. In it's day it was decent. But not now. Not for a gaming PC. Change it before it takes out your PC for you.

2. Why have you set your ram at 2933mhz with 'custom timings'? You should simply run it on XMP/DOCP at 3200mhz, CL16. There is nothing you could do with custom timings that will make that 2933mhz setting faster than XMP.

3. Uninstall Driver Easy Pro. You do not need any 3rd party to manage your drivers. You do not know what these programs do, and you do not know how your data is stored or used.

4. After you updated the bios, did you clear CMOS? If not, you must do this to ensure that the bios update has installed correctly.

What windows power profile are you using? It should be Ryzen balanced power plan. If you do not see Ryzen Balances power plan, then you have not got the correct chipset drivers installed.

Your CPU temps are high. You might have to check that your CPU cooler is working (fans). You may also need to reapply thermal paste on the CPU with the cooler.

Also, TCP Optimizer doesn't do very much at all. I would revert any changes you have made.
https://prnt.sc/kdQxg36kw_hi That's why i don't have them on XMP

https://www.mediafire.com/file/x1ynm3yn7eqpvkt/SETTINGS.rar/file here are all my settings

Sep 30, 2024
Hey there,

i will change the paste also tomorrow

Sep 30, 2024
Hey there,

Read the last comment in here