Question PC crashes/black screens when playing any game ?

JZ113

Prominent
Jan 19, 2021
Full specs:

CPU: i9-11900k

GPU: 3070 Aorus Master

MOBO: Z490 Aorus Master

PSU: RM850X

RAM: Corsair 3200mhz 16gbx2

Hi, This issue first start occurring when I upgraded my 9900k to 11900k few months ago. After the upgrade my computer would randomly display no signal while playing games. The computer is still running and I can hear audio for about 10 seconds before it disappears. The computer does not close on its own so I have to manually restart it. This issue happens very randomly and has not ever happened during stress tests on 3D mark/Cinebench. It has mostly happened playing games are aren't even very demanding like Valorant, League of Legends and Roblox. (Happens about once in a 30 minute match).

Anyways, after the issue happening for a few weeks I decided to downgrade my 3070 to a 1080 and the issue stopped. (So this issue does not occur with my GTX 1080). However, last week I bought a new 3070 and the issue started occurring again.

I'm basically 100% sure it isn't the ram and gpu. So it has to be either the PSU, Motherboard or CPU.

I was thinking this issue was caused by either a faulty motherboard with the pcie 3.0 and 4.0 or a faulty power supply. The reason I'm unsure is because It crashes on games like doesn't consume a lot of power.

Any solutions or suggestion would help, thanks!