Question PC crashes when in sleep mode ?

Oct 1, 2024
Hi, about 1 year ago my PC had started to have BSODs when launching any game with easy anti-cheat or putting it in sleep mode, and eventually one of my ram sticks died. I replaced RAM sticks with a new pair but just 1 month ago one of those sticks also died.. I just got replacements yesterday and I ran memtest86 both with stock and xmp profiles, without any errors. But I have had 2 crashes while in sleep mode and now I'm unsure what is the problem is?

Attempts to resolve throughout the year were fresh install of GPU Drivers and Windows, stress test on CPU, GPU, and Ram.

I would also like to inform you that my PC was built 4yrs ago and my
Motherboard, CPU, GPU and PSU were all bought secondhand
but I never really had any issues with them for the first 2 years I've had them. (first pair of ram sticks were included with the motherboard and CPU).

System Specs
Motherboard: ROG Crosshair VII Hero
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU: MSI Ventus 2070 Super OC
RAM: T-Force 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200Mhz
PSU: Corsair V2 CX750M
SSD: Kingston A2000 500GB and TeamGroup MP34 1TB
HDD: WD 1TB 7200 RPM
Windows 10 Home: 22H2 Build 19045.4894

Dump File

Edit* Crashed again New Minidumps

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Power Supply were bought secondhand
I would be curious to know what it's age was prior to your purchase and it what it powered prior.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Attempts to resolve throughout the year were fresh install of GPU Drivers and Windows
Did you use DDU for reinstalling your GPU drivers? As for your OS, you're pending an update.

Windows 10 home: 22H2 build 19045.4894
I've moved away from Windows 10, but you seem to have an update pending for your OS, to 23H2.

I just got replacements yesterday
Did you get a ram kit or a single stick was replaced?

I ran your dmp file through WinDBG, see that
win32kbase.sys
0x139_MISSING_GSFRAME_win32kbase!_report_gsfailure

is your fauilure.
^
See if this guide helps you repair your OS;
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-sfc-scannow-command-fix-problems-windows-10

Oct 1, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Power Supply were bought secondhand
I would be curious to know what it's age was prior to your purchase and it what it powered prior.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

Attempts to resolve throughout the year were fresh install of GPU Drivers and Windows
Did you use DDU for reinstalling your GPU drivers? As for your OS, you're pending an update.

Windows 10 home: 22H2 build 19045.4894
I've moved away from Windows 10, but you seem to have an update pending for your OS, to 23H2.

I just got replacements yesterday
Did you get a ram kit or a single stick was replaced?

I ran your dmp file through WinDBG, see that
win32kbase.sys
0x139_MISSING_GSFRAME_win32kbase!_report_gsfailure

is your fauilure.
^
See if this guide helps you repair your OS;
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-sfc-scannow-command-fix-problems-windows-10
Hi, sorry for late reply.

The Power Supply I bought was only a couple of months old from what the seller told me so in total i believe a little over 4yrs, though I did buy replacement cables for it as some were missing.

The motherboard BIOS version is 5404
For the GPU Drivers I ran downloaded the drivers from NVIDIA's website and ran DDU on safe mode just yesterday to see if my GPU Drivers were the cause.

I do plan on updating to windows 11 but I'm unsure if I should do a fresh install or not and which SSD to use as my boot drive.
For the ram it was a kit as I previously owned a corsair vengeance lpx dual stick of ddr4 3200mhz 2x8gb but decide to switch to T-Force dual stick ddr4 3200mhz 2x16gb.

Lastly I will follow the link you sent to see if that helps, also thanks for the reply.

notes:
bcbtums.sys Wed Aug 7 08:11:22 2013 (what is this for?)
bugcheck was a stack overflow

looks like a old bluetooth firmware update driver maybe for an asus device.
https://www.sysnative.com/forums/drivers/3160/driver

i would download microsoft autoruns and disable the driver. (or remove it)
(also remove the device from your system)
note: usb devices when removed will still leave the driver installed but hidden.
you have to use device manager but check the option to show hidden devices in order to see and remove the software.

you might consider telling your system not to suspend/sleep the usb devices as a work around. I would expect the old driver is not waking up from sleep and restoring it's state correctly.

note: you might also update

BtwRSupportService.exe (broadcom driver)​

https://windowsbulletin.com/files/e...dcom-bluetooth-drivers/btwrsupportservice-exe

looks like a device failed to wake up correctly (i would expect it to be a bug in the old driver)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2024
notes:
bcbtums.sys Wed Aug 7 08:11:22 2013 (what is this for?)
bugcheck was a stack overflow

looks like a old bluetooth firmware update driver maybe for an asus device.
https://www.sysnative.com/forums/drivers/3160/driver

i would download microsoft autoruns and disable the driver. (or remove it)
(also remove the device from your system)
note: usb devices when removed will still leave the driver installed but hidden.
you have to use device manager but check the option to show hidden devices in order to see and remove the software.

you might consider telling your system not to suspend/sleep the usb devices as a work around. I would expect the old driver is not waking up from sleep and restoring it's state correctly.

note: you might also update

BtwRSupportService.exe (broadcom driver)​

https://windowsbulletin.com/files/e...dcom-bluetooth-drivers/btwrsupportservice-exe

looks like a device failed to wake up correctly (i would expect it to be a bug in the old driver)
Hi, Thanks for taking time of your day to reply to my post I will try your recommendations to see if that fixes my problems