[SOLVED] PC Crashing in a random and bizarre way [video included]

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 6, 2021
o
Oh damn, that could actually be your motherboard then. The PSU only generates like 10W when in BIOS, so it wouldn't make sense to point fingers at the PSU at that point.
ouch, that is unfortunate. I've already bought a PSU now. Lets hope that was the problem area now. If all else fails I'll have to get a new motherboard as well :/

Apr 6, 2021
Oh damn, that could actually be your motherboard then. The PSU only generates like 10W when in BIOS, so it wouldn't make sense to point fingers at the PSU at that point.
Turns out it was indeed my Motherboard. Specifically the PCIE slot with the network card. The crashing was sporadic because it would happen when I downloaded a bunch of stuff and I guess after a point it stopped working. I took out the network card and left the PC running overnight in a stress test, no crashes. I then tried a different PCIE slot, for which I had to bend the shielding so that it fits in the case, and it has been two days since and it still hasnt crashed.

So obviously at some point I should go an replace my motherboard now, but I've bought myself a little while so maybe I'll get a really nice one this time :)

Thanks y'all for helping me figure it out, I had been racking my brain forever and y'all helped me figure it out in like 3 days!

Reactions: Seban

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS