Question Pc crashing unexpectedly with weird patterns

Jan 4, 2020
I've just built my second Pc and was feeling pretty confident because my previous one was a success, but recently it was been unexpectedly turning off without a BSOD or any errors at that. I've tried a couple of fixed I found online with no success. It would sometimes turn off 20min-a couple of hours after I turn it on, and on some occasions I can leave it on overnight without problem. But whenever I start playing certain games, it would not have it and crashes 2-3 mins into the game. I haven't spotted any patterns with the games either as I can play some pretty graphically intense games like Rust and be perfectly fine, but as soon as I boot up Overwatch it's over. (No pun intended) The source of the error on event viewer is code 41 Kernel-Power, although nothing on the internet has helped me fix that. None of my components are being overclocked and my temperatures are low even while gaming. I would greatly appreciate some help.

My spec are: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2070
Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.6 GHz
32 GB G.Skill trident Z RAM
1 TB Kingston SSD
Z390 Aorus Ultra
Corsair Cx750 V Power Supply
Corsair H11i Liquid Cooler

Last edited:
I've just built my second Pc and was feeling pretty confident because my previous one was a success, but recently it was been unexpectedly turning off without a BSOD or any errors at that. I've tried a couple of fixed I found online with no success. It would sometimes turn off 20min-a couple of hours after I turn it on, and on some occasions I can leave it on overnight without problem. But whenever I start playing certain games, it would not have it and crashes 2-3 mins into the game. I haven't spotted any patterns with the games either as I can play some pretty graphically intense games like Rust and be perfectly fine, but as soon as I boot up Overwatch it's over. (No pun intended) The source of the error on event viewer is code 41 Kernel-Power, although nothing on the internet has helped me fix that. None of my components are being overclocked and my temperatures are low even while gaming. I would greatly appreciate some help.

My spec are: Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2070
Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.6 GHz
32 GB G.Skill trident Z RAM
1 TB Kingston SSD
Z390 Aorus Ultra
750 V Power Supply
Corsair H11i Liquid Cooler

Rust is not GPU bound, its CPU bound.

Also we need the exact make and model of the PSU.