Question PC DOES NOT START UNTIL CMOS RESET

Nov 14, 2020
My PC is working fine until I remove power cord from wall socket.
If power is disconnected then pc does not boot all fans will be spinning but no signal on monitor and when I reset CMOS it will start normally after bios reset. Please help what can be resolve the issue.

Dec 10, 2020
Hi all,

First post, but I had this problem recently and resolved it today thanks to this forum, so thought I'd post to share what I did (me being a complete novice dad building a PC for his daughters).

There were three things recommended to me, and the last one I tried, worked.

Like you, the BIOS would only boot if I reset it. I was removing the battery each time, sometimes leaving out for up to 10 minutes as I had seen that this could help. Each time, however, I would be back at square one.

Secondly, I replaced the battery and tried again. Same problem/progress.

Thirdly, and the one that worked, I watched many videos on how to flash bios to my particular motherboard.

This was remarkably straightforward, and the PC booted up just fine after that. I then installed a fresh install of Windows on an SSD followed by subsequent Graphics drivers, rebooted and it is still running great, thank God.

Basically - flashing the latest BIOS fixed it for me.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Not sure if that helps, if it doesn't, please ignore and listen to wiser minds on this forum - that helped me.

Thanks
Andy