[SOLVED] PC doesn't boot up when graphic card is plugged (works perfectly when it's not plugged in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2020
i recently got this problem on my desktop, my desktop doesn't boot up when the graphic card is plugged in; when i do remove the graphic card it work perfectly;
i tryed another graphic card but still doesn't work and get the same probleme,
i checked the cables and everything is plugged in as they used to be;
my graphic card on another computer does work only on mine when i get that problem;
need some help please about this; i posted a video on youtube about that here is the link "
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wwle6GGHPFo
"

Feb 27, 2020
CPU : i5-4590S 3.0 GHz
Motherboard : Lenovo 0B98401 Pro
GPU : Nvidia Gtx 1050 ti 4Gb

my computer was working perfectly a month ago but i dont know where's the problem, some friend told me it linked to the PCIe slot that not functionning.

It could definitely be a power supply problem as Calvin has suggested, but let's cover the basics first. When you install the graphics card, you ARE moving the display cable from where it is attached to the motherboard, to one of the outputs on the graphics card, right?

Feb 27, 2020
i dont really thnk is the power supply cause it was working for a long time, it stoped when i added a 3rd SSD cause i had 2 HDD and when i added samsung 500Gb ssd i had this probleme.
and yes i checked, when i instal the graphic card i put the HDMI in the output of the grapggic card and the monitor

Disconnect ALL of the drives, then see if the system will POST and allow you to get into the BIOS with the display connected to the graphics card.

Also, make sure the monitor is set to HDMI input if you were using a different TYPE of cable with the integrated graphics.

If the problem started when you added an SSD, then the problem is likely either the SSD or the fact that your power supply is unable to handle the additional hardware, which is VERY likely.

Feb 27, 2020
Disconnect ALL of the drives, then see if the system will POST and allow you to get into the BIOS with the display connected to the graphics card.

Also, make sure the monitor is set to HDMI input if you were using a different TYPE of cable with the integrated graphics.

If the problem started when you added an SSD, then the problem is likely either the SSD or the fact that your power supply is unable to handle the additional hardware, which is VERY likely.
Already tryed to disconnect all the drives and left only the SSD and checked the monitor its on HDMI and also the hdmi cable is plugged in the graphic card,
when i start my desktop the comlputer doesn't boot up like u saw on video and also i cant access to Bios cause keyboard is blocked can't do nothing..

What is the model of your GTX 1050 ti? Does it require a six pin auxiliary power connector? If so, does your power supply even HAVE one?

This can really only be a problem with an insufficient power supply or a faulty graphics card since it works fine with integrated graphics.

I would however check to see if there is an updated BIOS version available for your motherboard and if there is, update and try the card again.

Yes, it DOES require a 6 pin. It says so RIGHT THERE ON THE PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS PAGE FOR YOUR UNIT.

That, is your problem.

79BZRo6.png

Feb 27, 2020
that the right graphic card model, u can check and it doesn't have a pin slot nor output for that;
either way im sure that isnt the problem cause i tryed my friend graphic card and also had the same problem.

Feb 27, 2020
i solved the problem; it was a Bios problem, i had the older version so i only downloaded my motherboard support driver (lenovo vantage) and it automaticly scanned and downloaded the latest Bios, then it worked.
Thanks anyway ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.