Sep 18, 2024
Please help me !!! I will tell you the whole story happened and help me to fix this problem

From few days ago my PC started to crash while gaming. I was playing FC new dawn about an hour then suddenly PC started to heavily shutter, so I closed the game. Even in the desktop the mouse pointer and everything was laggy..in bios set up also. Then I thought (even it couldnt be) maybe somethings wrong with my cooler and the CPU temps are high. So I checked the temps with Open hardware moniter software and the cpu temps were around 35-41C.

So I had no idea what is wrong about the pc and I restarted the pc. Then the lag was gone and I thought everything is fine then. But this time as soon as I opened the game the PC restarted itself and it didn't actually restarted properly it was like stuck in the booting sequence and cannot initialize the boot process. Then I turned it off by holding the power button and unplugged from the wall socket. After about 10-15 minutes again I turned on pc and this time it turned on, but before showing the msi logo screen it mentioned that bios has crashed and press f2 for load defaults. So I reset them. (This point I thought the problem is with motherboard bios) I haven't updated the bios since I've got the motherboard and the bios version was an old one. So I downloaded the latest bios from msi site, which was a beta version and was released in the last august in 2024. Using M flash I flashed the bios and the process was successful.(As long as I think.. because it went exactly as the tutorial video showed in msi YouTube)

Then PC worked about an hour without any error. Then again restart thing happened and then its stucked in cpu debug led. I watched many videos and went through a number of artcles regarding the issue and i tried removing and replacing the ram, vga, cpu, power connectors, even the cooler fan plugins. But nothing happened.

In one thread guy has mentioned that he was able to turn on it by removing the cmos battery for about 2-3 days and then turning the pc again. So I did the same thing and it worked! This time it worked for about 2hr and again same thing happened. Stuck Again in CPU debug led. I tried unplugging and resitting everything but nothing happened. So I realised the only way to turn on this thing is by waiting. Because it doesn't reset bios by removing the battery for 5-10 mins and even the jumper thing doesn't work. Only way was wait for until the power supply discharge the electric charge completely and turn it on again.

Meanwhile I checked my power supply from a shop, using a voltmeter thing and there was nothing wrong. Each and every cable checked and it was completely fine. I didn't check the ram, because I only have single stick. Also I was running my ram at 3200, using xmp and I saw that last time in bios, default settings it works at 2133 and xmps are 2666 & 3200. ( I was using the 2nd profile) So I searched and found that Ryzen 1600 only can goes upto 2666 without crashing. ( But i don't know ive been using my pc about 2-3 weeks nothing went wrong with my 3200mhz until this disaster happed)So I thought to run it at default 2133, from next time onwards. Anyway since the debug led was never stucked at Ram led, I think the Ram is OK..but I found that when i use xmp at 3200 it crash the PC in less time tgan 2hrs..(about 30min may be.) Usually if the ram is faulty I think I can't even play a game around 2hrs.. right? Also I don't have any cpu to change and a board to swap and check with.

Also I checked the cpu temps when the last time I started pc, which surprised me was that the 6th core temp was -2C ?? Wt the..?? Then hiw the PC works without any error about 2 hrs without crashing? So this point I started to think even the bios flash was successful l, maybe something wrong with it because specifically the bios was a beta version. So again I tried to flash the latest bios(not a beta version) but unfortunately the motherboard doesn't allow to downgrade bios. So I reflashes the same latest beta again. This time also I could work about 2hrs without crashing.. I ran prime95 about 1hr and also ran cinebench about 10 min again and again. No errors/ No crashes.

But again it crashed and now it doesn't show the msi logo screen to enter the bios settings also.only shows the windows welcome screen. I don't know what to do now. I'm really tired of this now. Its been about 3 weeks now this thing began.

Now my only hope to get a bios flash tool called ch341a and to try flashing bios externally using it. 🥺

Please if someone know give me some opinions/help regarding this issue 🙏🏻

My specs :
Ryzen 1600
msi b350 towmahwk
Corsair vengeance rgb 16gb 3200mhz
Amd Hd 7950
CoolerMaster ML240L cooler
600W p
ower supply
(Windows 11)

Sep 18, 2024
Its an old power supply, I've been using. Probably not a good one. I think its 80+ bronze. I didn't remember the brand name. Its a Chinese or a Korean branded psu as I remember 🤕

And yes brother 😊 I use hd 7950. Its good. I can play new dawn at high-medium-low mixed settings 1080p. Around 45fps
you need to include the make & model plus it's overall age

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2024
you need to include the make & model plus it's overall age
Its a normal psu. 600w 80+ bronze i think. But i don't remember its brand. Its a Korean or cheap Chinese model. It's about 3 years old. But actually it works perfectly fine. the voltages were quite accurate when I checked it about a week ago in a shop using there check tool kit

Its a normal psu. 600w 80+ bronze i think. But i don't remember its brand. Its a Korean or cheap Chinese model. It's about 3 years old. But actually it works perfectly fine. the voltages were quite accurate when I checked it about a week ago in a shop using there check tool kit
Voltage may be good when not under load, but when you start playing a game things will change.

How long where you using this setup?

Did you got any of this components recently?, if so, What did you changed?

Sep 18, 2024
Voltage may be good when not under load, but when you start playing a game things will change.

How long where you using this setup?

Did you got any of this components recently?, if so, What did you changed?
Is there any way to check it during playing a game bro?

And also brother what do you think about the -2C temp of the CPU and the bios about the motherboard? 🤕 I actually think the bios is broken now as it doesn't even show the logo screen to get into bios. Only black screen and then straightly to welcome screen..(well, I mean the last time I used after reflashing bios..it was yesterday)

I actually can run the computer about 2-3hrs. I played sleeping dogs and batman Arkham city about 2 hours.

You are correct I will change my PSU. But a good PSU is so expensive even a used one 😿

a good PSU is so expensive even a used one
if you value your components do not buy a used power supply.

you want a unit with at least a 7 year warranty, preferably a 10 year.
any unit with a warranty below 7 years is more likely to have issue running a heavy processing system, like for gaming, or may even cause damage to connected components.

you may get lucky every so often and do not stress a low quality unit to a breaking point.
but it happens way more than most would imagine when they don't work with computer systems on a daily basis.

average for a higher quality reliable unit should be ~$100 for a 750w.
i wouldn't say it is expensive considering it is the heart of the system and everything depends on it to function properly.

Reactions: Dettlaff
Sep 18, 2024
if you value your components do not buy a used power supply.

you want a unit with at least a 7 year warranty, preferably a 10 year.
any unit with a warranty below 7 years is more likely to have issue running a heavy processing system, like for gaming, or may even cause damage to connected components.

you may get lucky every so often and do not stress a low quality unit to a breaking point.
but it happens way more than most would imagine when they don't work with computer systems on a daily basis.

average for a higher quality reliable unit should be ~$100 for a 750w.
i wouldn't say it is expensive considering it is the heart of the system and everything depends on it to function properly.
Could you please suggest me a good PSU? Specified model or a brand that you can recommend?

Could you please suggest me a good PSU? Specified model or a brand that you can recommend?
There are several models from Corsair, CoolerMaster, Thermaltake, MSI, Gigabyte, Asus, Enermax, EVGA, BeQuiet, Super Flower and more brands that have very good, good, or at least decent PSUs (along with some models you should avoid if posible).

Listing them all here is not easy.

If you have a place where you can buy the psu post the link here so forum members can take a look and suggest some available models.