Question PC doesnt POST. MSI 550 Gaming Plus mobo

Aug 20, 2021
I updated the mobo for it to work with a 5600x with the Bios Flash.

Then when I turn it on, all the LED from the debug thingy are off with the exeption of the Boot LED which means that there inst any booting system

I connect the usb with windows and restar from the case

CPU led goes on and then out, then the VGA LED gets on and stays that way.

Im not getting any image on the monitor. I have tried to reset the cmos by removing the battery and jumping the pins using a screwdriver.

Specs are:
MSI 550 Gaming Plus
Rysen 5600x
Spectrix ram 16gb
1050ti
Core Reactor 750 gold

I updated the mobo for it to work with a 5600x with the Bios Flash.

Then when I turn it on, all the LED from the debug thingy are off with the exeption of the Boot LED which means that there inst any booting system

I connect the usb with windows and restar from the case

CPU led goes on and then out, then the VGA LED gets on and stays that way.

Im not getting any image on the monitor. I have tried to reset the cmos by removing the battery and jumping the pins using a screwdriver.

Specs are:
MSI 550 Gaming Plus
Rysen 5600x
Spectrix ram 16gb
1050ti
Core Reactor 750 gold
Reset CMOS after the BIOS update. Disconnect power, remove the coin cell battery, short the pins 30 sec's to one minute.

Be sure to connect your monitor to connectors on the discrete GPU and not any on the motherboard backpanel.

The Boot LED will illuminate if BIOS can't find a drive with a bootable OS. If you've never installed Windows it will light; if you had installed windows make sure both ends of both drive cables (SATA and power) are fully attached. But in that case you should land in a BIOS screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: ssbaraskar99