Aug 9, 2024
Hi everyone, this is my first ever pc build and an issue i have is my pc will never post if I click restart for whatever reason (windows updates or anything). My pc posts and operates fine. But since clicking restart wont make it post, i have to either repress the power button on the front panel header or switch the psu off and back on and press the power button again to make it post. At first I thought I may have gotten a defective PSU, as every single part of this PC is brand new parts bought on April, I even recently replaced the PSU and im still getting the same problem. Im starting to think the issue may be deeper or maybe front panel headers were connected incorrectly (but would my pc even post if the front panel headers were connected wrong?), and as such whatever is causing my pc to not post from restarting is probably causing me to get completely random PC crashes whilst gaming. I have stressed tested all my parts individually in aida64 and all at once , and even tried with 1 ram stick inserted at a time and the restart problem still exists, all my temperatures are good that I dont even know what to do next.

pc specs are
MOBO: MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi ProSeries Motherboard
GPU: rx 7600xt
cpu: ryzen 5 7600x
cpu cooler: arctic liquid freezer ii 280
tower: corsair 4000d airflow
ram: G.SKILL Flare X5 Series AMD EXPO 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5
PSU: corsair rm850 WHITE
SSD: 2 TB western digital sn850x nvme and sandisk 1 TB sata

Hi everyone, this is my first ever pc build and an issue i have is my pc will never post if I click restart for whatever reason (windows updates or anything). My pc posts and operates fine. But since clicking restart wont make it post, i have to either repress the power button on the front panel header or switch the psu off and back on and press the power button again to make it post. At first I thought I may have gotten a defective PSU, as every single part of this PC is brand new parts bought on April, I even recently replaced the PSU and im still getting the same problem. Im starting to think the issue may be deeper or maybe front panel headers were connected incorrectly (but would my pc even post if the front panel headers were connected wrong?), and as such whatever is causing my pc to not post from restarting is probably causing me to get completely random PC crashes whilst gaming. I have stressed tested all my parts individually in aida64 and all at once , and even tried with 1 ram stick inserted at a time and the restart problem still exists, all my temperatures are good that I dont even know what to do next.

pc specs are
MOBO: MSI PRO B650M-A WiFi ProSeries Motherboard
GPU: rx 7600xt
cpu: ryzen 5 7600x
cpu cooler: arctic liquid freezer ii 280
tower: corsair 4000d airflow
ram: G.SKILL Flare X5 Series AMD EXPO 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000 Desktop Memory Model F5-6000J3636F16GX2-FX5
PSU: corsair rm850 WHITE
SSD: 2 TB western digital sn850x nvme and sandisk 1 TB sata
Does reliability monitor show an entry when you click on restart?