Question PC failing to load assets and then freezing

Aug 9, 2024
My pc has been freezing when I try to play games.
When I play a game (Overwatch 2 but also in other games like CS2) it will initially work fine, sometimes for multiple games, but will then not load the HUD, followed by the characters of players not loading and turning into blue floating orbs, then it will lose audio both in the game and in other applications such as discord or browser and finally freeze. Sometimes it skips straight to freezing but always when I am in a game. When it freezes I can sometimes tab out but it will not let me close or interact with the game or any other applications.
I have tried to fix it in various ways including: lowering/increasing game settings, reinstalling windows, reinstalling the game/s, checking for viruses, getting rid of GPU and CPU overclocks, reverting to older GPU drivers, stress testing CPU/GPU where there was no problems and monitoring performance while in game where the only unusual thing I noticed being sometimes my CPU and GPU usage would drop very low.
I am unsure what else I can do and would appreciate any help diagnosing or fixing the issue.

Aug 9, 2024
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
Cpu- ryzen 5 3600
Gpu- 5700 xt
Motherboard - X570
Ram - 2x 8gb DDR4 3200mhz (16gb total)
PSU- 600 watt (pretty sure its corsair but cant see cos of how its in the case and don't have a screwdriver around)
Storage- 1tb m.2
2tb hard disc

Last edited: