[SOLVED] PC fails to start with EzDebug CPU LED several times, but reboots well, if it was on for some time

Dec 16, 2021
Hello!

Currently I have:
MSI Z590 tomahawk MB
i9-11900k
a 850W PSU
2x16GB DDR4 3600 RAM
2x M2 SSD

Initially, I bought a MB and a CPU. Turned out, that the CPU I got is broken, it kept deadlocking after a few seconds on every boot. When I picked up the CPU from a socket it slipped from my fingers right onto the socket, damaging 2 pins.
I took my MB to a freelance hardware service guy, he replaced my bent pins (he has a cool microscope, and a youtube channel, I am sure he is a pro) and after returning the broken CPU to the dealer in exchange for a new one, PC worked well some time.
Then I've upgraded my old 700W PSU to a new 850W PSU, old 2133 RAM to 3600, and bought a new tower cooler.
After that, my PC cannot boot at morning at first attempt. Actually, I try to boot it up at least dozen of times every morning, after the PC being off all night.

When I press the power button those can happen randomly:
  1. The PC stucks before graphics, CPU red LED is on.
  2. It can pass the CPU check, the RAM check, but no video output would be displayed.
  3. CPU OK, RAM OK, Video OK, then windows tries to boot. Suddenly, the spinner animation freezes, and PC goes entirely frozen.
4 If windows boots, system can freeze the same way as it does while booting, few seconds after logging in windows account.
5. After a few minutes of trying it eventually boots OK and I don't experience any troubles while working and gaming. I can even reboot my PC and it would boot normally.

Every time it stucks I power it off using switch on PSU. When I switch it, CPU LED blinks red for one last moment.

This morning I:
  1. Tried to use my old PSU.
  2. Trying to use my old RAM.
  3. Tried disconnecting a new cooler
Bios was updated to the last version same day I bought a MB.

What that could be? Is it a MB problem or a CPU problem? I still have warranty on both CPU and MB

Thanks!

P.S. English is not my native lang, did my best

Last edited:
Solution
This CPU failed too. It did not start on different MB at service center, but seller's i5 on my board worked well. Returned it again, in exchange for i7-12k and a new MB - MSI X690 Pro wifi ddr4, works fine by now
Dec 16, 2021
This CPU failed too. It did not start on different MB at service center, but seller's i5 on my board worked well. Returned it again, in exchange for i7-12k and a new MB - MSI X690 Pro wifi ddr4, works fine by now

Solution