PC Fan Control, Touch-Screen Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Minor correction, the Celsius temperature scale isn't part of the metric system as the latter only deal with length measurements.

Nor is it actually part of the SI standard ('International Standard of Units') as Kelvin is the natural unit choice for temperature.

It's just the most common, and sensible, day-to-day reference unit for temperature.

aaron686

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Its supposed to be a FAN controller but they were so focused on the bling that they forgot about the FAN controller aspect if it, two 5.25 bays to control only 4 fans? The money used to add unnecessary add-ons like USB and eSATA could have been used to develop the FAN control part of it. A cheap $20 3.5" controller can control 5 fans and they do a damn good job at it.

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Exodite2[/nom]Minor correction, the Celsius temperature scale isn't part of the metric system as the latter only deal with length measurements.Nor is it actually part of the SI standard ('International Standard of Units') as Kelvin is the natural unit choice for temperature.It's just the most common, and sensible, day-to-day reference unit for temperature.[/citation]
Well the metric system not only measures lengths but volume and wieght as well.
Oh and I'll stick with Fahrenheit for a personal pref.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
These things are notoriously inaccurate when it comes to reading temps. I can imagine the performance for this unit in no way justifies the price, whatever it is.

drudometkin

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
That's funny you post this. I just got the small aerocool 1000 last week for my new build. Matches my Lian Li case brushed aluminum case perfectly and doesn't over-do it with the bling.

G

Exodite2,
The metric system measures more than just length, and Celsius temperature scale has always been a part of it.

Actually, Celsius is part of the SI Units, it is specifically referenced in the SI as a 'coherent derived unit'.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Bling, bling, look at me! Looks slick, but ultimately there are less shiner options that will perform just as well and take up only one 5.25 bay. Maybe if they had included a card reader as well as the USB and e-SATA...

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Whoa, that's pretty crazy. I've got a Sentry 2 and it's admittedly gimmicky but fairly nice (Does what I wanted, and I picked it up pretty cheap).

That one just seems like a little overkill though.

G

"The metric system measures more than just length, and Celsius temperature scale has always been a part of it."

Indeed, it also measures area and volume - derived units - as well as mass. It's even been extended to encompass time.

It does not cover temperature however.

"Actually, Celsius is part of the SI Units, it is specifically referenced in the SI as a 'coherent derived unit'."

*sigh* Right, don't let me stop you from patting yourself on the back. Pretty much everything is recorded in SI, if for no other reason than conversion and comparison.

Celsius is not the base unit for temperature in SI however, Kelvin is.

In any case my original point seems to have gotten lost in the rabid needs to debunk my post - Celsius is not a metric unit.

Aerocool thinks its Touch-2000 is unique. After all, to paraphrase a sales rep who spoke to us at COMPUTEX 2010, "it's patented!"....He was talking about the Touch-2000's two-panel configuration, or how it takes up two 5.25" expansion slots in front of a typical PC case.

So unique that it's two bay design qualifies as justification for a patent ?

Errrr.... don't tell NZXT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992004

G

Really is pretty cool for the price, i found this for 51.99 over at Directron - Just search for touch 2000, it's the first result.

drakennz

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
"Ultimately though, aside from the cool retro Knight Rider aesthetics, what makes a touch-screen PC fan control panel worth the buy?"

You just answered your own question "cool retro Knight Rider aesthetics"!

Status
Not open for further replies.