[SOLVED] PC Fans loud on start up and no dvi signal

Jun 23, 2020
So basically after installing a new cpu into my build and updatin my bios (ryzen 5 3600) I booted up my pc and it was really loud. It sounded like a literal jet engine, and during this period where it was loud, none of my peripherals lit up (which they usually did when i started up my pc) which indicates what there was no power being transferred to some of the usb ports, because my keyboards rgb lights were the only ones lit, but that’s not really the issue. My monitor was not getting a signal from the DVI port I had it plugged into. After reseating my gpu, unplugging my monitor, switching the sides of the cables around, turning on my monitor before i turned on my pc, vice versa, my pc was still really loud when i hit the power button to turn it on, and the monitor still was not getting a signal. Eventually, however, the monitor finally connected and I didn’t turn off my pc for a week or two, and when i did turn off my pc again, and booted it up, the fans were still extremely loud but after a few seconds they quieted down and my monitor got a signal. Now, after turning off my pc, and turning it back on, i’m having the same issue. Everything inside my pc looks perfectly fine, except for a bit of dust. I’ve turned off and back on multiple times, and each time the monitor gets no signal and immediately sleeps. I’m gonna go try and see if I can try turning my pc/monitor on and off a lot because that worked the first time. If anyone has any clue what going on and how to fix this permanently, please let me know because I want to be able to turn off my pc without having to risk it not giving a signal to my monitor.

Solution
It's not uncommon for the fan to spin faster for a few seconds when you first start the computer. The bios takes over the speed and it slows down. If that's not it, check the fan's motherboard connection. Make sure it's plugged into the 'cpu fan' connection. Any other connection may not be monitored by the bios. Also u set everything in ur bios to default settings so u might want to change some things in here.

AngelJin

Commendable
Jun 19, 2020
It's not uncommon for the fan to spin faster for a few seconds when you first start the computer. The bios takes over the speed and it slows down. If that's not it, check the fan's motherboard connection. Make sure it's plugged into the 'cpu fan' connection. Any other connection may not be monitored by the bios. Also u set everything in ur bios to default settings so u might want to change some things in here.

Solution
Jun 23, 2020
I would check the bios but i still don’t have a signal to my monitor

TRENDING THREADS