Question PC Freezes 5 min into gaming session. Sound of Disconnection in the background

Sep 11, 2020
Hello guys.
1,5 year ago i've build a PC which i use for gaming and some graphic design project at my home. My specs are:

• ASUS PRIME X470-PRO
  • AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6GB Ventus XS OC
  • Corsair RMx Series 750W 2018
  • G.SKILL F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4 3600MHZ TRIDENT Z RGB DUAL KIT
  • Samsung 860 Evo 500GB
-2x HDD Westerd Digital 1TB
-LG 23MP67VQ
-Nothing OC

The last 3 months after playing certain games (FrostPunk, Total War: Warhammer 2, CODMW) my screen freezes then there is a windows sound like something was disconnected and the pc needs restart. But nothing seems to be stopping inside the tower case. The tower fans keep spinning, the GPU keeps working, the Noctua cooler keeps working. I've the latest bios (i've upgraded to them recently. the freezes was happening before the update ), the latest updates in GPU and Windows. I've visited a pc technician and he used different types of software to check the GPU and the memory sticks and they've passed all the tests without a problem. This morning it happened again after 5 minutes of playing CODMW. I took a photo of my screen at the time of the freeze while using msi afterburner to check again for temperatures etc. i don't know if it's gonna help. I'm not very proficient with hardware and pc building. No minidump file after the crash either. Any help is appreciated

View: https://imgur.com/7GYdVKB

Hi there I have looked at what you have said have you installed the the AMD processor driver for a start https://www.amd.com/en/support
then selected the amd power plan in power in windows 10
then most important installed ARMORY CRATE can be installed via asus web site or cd will help keep your machine in top working order hopefully these might fix some problems

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2020
Hi there I have looked at what you have said have you installed the the AMD processor driver for a start https://www.amd.com/en/support
then selected the amd power plan in power in windows 10
then most important installed ARMORY CRATE can be installed via asus web site or cd will help keep your machine in top working order hopefully these might

I have already updated the chipset and set the plan to amd power plan. I've also changed the plan to balanced but the problem persists. How can the armoury crate help me exactly?

well its a nice piece of software that cheeks all of your device software and drivers are all on the latest versions for your board and only runs when you run it. Which lets you chose what to install up to you. Yeah mine is on amd balanced.

Sep 11, 2020
well its a nice piece of software that cheeks all of your device software and drivers are all on the latest versions for your board and only runs when you run it. Which lets you chose what to install up to you. Yeah mine is on amd balanced.

Thank you! I will try it and see if there's any change.

Sep 11, 2020

Nope. Still the same. The weird thing now is it fails to restart after it freezes. If i unplug the LG hdmi cord and put it back the PC starts the next time normally.