PC Freezes but mouse still moves / BSOD

Razare

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017
My computer has been freezing for like two weeks.
I don't really know why is that happening.
It all started when I was installing GTA V and during installation I got BSOD.
I don't really understand BSOD's error codes, I've been able to screenshot them though.
Now my PC just freezes randomly, sometimes it can happen after 2 hours, sometimes 10 minutes after turning it on.
My all drivers are up to date ( Fixed GTA V by installing new drivers and I was able to install it)
Those freezes are strange though, for example, I play Rimworld and I hear audio lagging but the game works, after like 2 minutes, it freezes but I am still able to move mouse around, hover over taskbar, but if I press windows logo or try to open something, it just doesn't work. When I hover over something it shows but after a short amount of time the "hover-over" info freezes as well. And after 5 seconds everything is frozen including the "ctrl+alt+delete" option. The final solution is to do a hard-reboot by pressing the physical button.
The desktop is almost 4 years old and has been running flawlessly until now
I even tried running anti-virus, pc froze and gave me bsod.
Q9550
GTX 1050

Last BSOD's ive captured
https://imgur.com/Ro06usX
https://imgur.com/9tkjtE0

(Even writing this, my pc froze )

Solution
normally you would run crystaldiskinfo.exe to read the smart error reporting from the drive to see if the drive reports errors and get an estimate of drive health.

windows 10 can do background repairs of bad sectors but with windows 7 you have to do a full wipe and do a full format (not a quick format) a full format can take hours and will mark bad sectors as bad. a quick format assumes everything is good and just wipes the tables that contain the file structures.

very common for motherboard sound drivers to conflict with the GPU sound driver and to cause the GPU graphic driver to fail. you might consider updating the sound driver just in case. (or just disable it in bios and reboot to see if your problem still exists)

you might...
cpu was launched in first qtr of 2008
gpu was launched in 2016

both bugcheck indicated bad memory addresses being passed to drivers

since it looks like a old machine, I would open it up, blow out any dust confirm that the fans are running for the CPU, gpu and powersupply

(basically looking for a overheating issue)

you might want to monitor temps and voltages from the power supply.

if your motherboard is very old, you might also want to look at the motherboard for swelled up capacitors.

make sure you do not have any bios or software overclocks running.

update your motherboard bios and motherboard drivers (motherboard sound drivers were broken and messed up gpu drivers, fixed sometime in 2017)

if you motherboard vendor does not provide a update you have to go the chip vendor website for the sound driver.

make sure you have the latest window 7 service pack and updates. GPU vendors drivers no longer work around bugs in the old windows code.

you might also run memtest86 to confirm your memory subsystem is still working correctly

Razare

Prominent
Aug 1, 2017

Thank for reply and trying to help me, but i think i've found the problem.
It's my HDD, it causes my windows to freeze when installing games, apps etc.
I've tried to run disk check but it wont let me.
It shows me an error '' autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package ''
I tried running HDDScan since it's the only app I could get, I have a lot of bad sectors in my hard drive but only problem, I don't know how to fix them or get rid of them, or so my hard drive wont use them or whatever, i'm new to this..
I know that i could just replace it, but I have alot of things to backup then and i dont really have the time now or will to do it.

normally you would run crystaldiskinfo.exe to read the smart error reporting from the drive to see if the drive reports errors and get an estimate of drive health.

windows 10 can do background repairs of bad sectors but with windows 7 you have to do a full wipe and do a full format (not a quick format) a full format can take hours and will mark bad sectors as bad. a quick format assumes everything is good and just wipes the tables that contain the file structures.

very common for motherboard sound drivers to conflict with the GPU sound driver and to cause the GPU graphic driver to fail. you might consider updating the sound driver just in case. (or just disable it in bios and reboot to see if your problem still exists)

you might also consider deleting your c:\pagefile.sys (turn off virtual memory,reboot, delete the hidden file,reboot, the turn it back on. make sure you have plenty of free space and a large page file)

Solution