[SOLVED] Pc freezes for a few seconds randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2022
So recently my pc has been freezing randomly for a few seconds and then continues to work normaly
I can move the mouse but everything else is frozen.
My ssd is new and is >50% empty
and i dont think it is from that
I have changed the Power Supply, the ram and the video card with new ones but the problem is stil present.
Current specs
Pentium G5400
16gb Ram 2400mhz (one of the sticks is new)
Rx 6500xt (new)
Cougar 500w psu (new)
windows 10 is freshly instaleed

Solution
If you boot the system with a Live Linux distro, does the problem persist?

This would help isolate whether a hardware or OS issue. I am leaning toward hardware (CPU, motherboard, or memory) at this point.

In your BIOS, are you using an XMP profile to run your memory at 2400?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Cougar is the brand of the PSU while 500W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Mind sharing the model of the unit? Where did you source the installer for your OS? Since you state being on Windows 10, what version are you on? Make and model of your SSD? You might want to open up the toolbox(assuming) app for the SSD and see if it's got a firmware update pending. Make and model of your motherboard?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Also, what are your CPU and GPU operating temperatures at idle and under load?

Are you overclocking anything (CPU, GPU, memory)?

You indicated one stick of memory being new. Is all of your memory the exact same make/model or mixed?

May 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Cougar is the brand of the PSU while 500W is the advertised wattage of the unit. Mind sharing the model of the unit? Where did you source the installer for your OS? Since you state being on Windows 10, what version are you on? Make and model of your SSD? You might want to open up the toolbox(assuming) app for the SSD and see if it's got a firmware update pending. Make and model of your motherboard?
Cougar VTE 500
I got the iso for win10 from the official website
Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎14/‎03/‎2022
OS build 19044.1586
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0
The SSD is Adata Su750 512gb( i opeden d the toolbox and dont thnik there is any firmware update and i doubt there will be firmware updatet for a ssd)
The rams sticks are diffent (the only diffrence is that one is cl16 and one cl17) but before and after the new ram the issue is the same
Idle GPU:36 degrees celsius (fans kicks in after 60 degrees celcius) (under load 57c degrees)
Idle CPU: 49-58 degrees celsiuc(under load around 75c degress)
I replied to both of you
Thanks for the help

May 1, 2022
Are your motherboard chipset drivers up to date?

Also. have you scanned for malware or looked in Task Manager for any processes that could be triggering this behavior?
I have cleaned installed the pc a few times -absolutly no way that there is any malwares
Have looked into task manager-nothing unusual

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is your motherboard BIOS up to date/current? You have a newer GPU that could be having issues with the current motherboard firmware.

In terms of what to look for with Task Manager, anything using lots of resources, that you don't recognize.

Does this issue occur when the GPU is removed and you use the integrated video controller?

May 1, 2022
The issue is present with both the old and new gpu and also without gpu (integrated graphics on the procccesor)
In the task manager the only thiong with high use that i dont know what is it is WMI PRovider Host which uses around 22% procent of the cpu

COLGeek

Cybernaut

This would help isolate whether a hardware or OS issue. I am leaning toward hardware (CPU, motherboard, or memory) at this point.

Solution
May 1, 2022

i spotted the issue-Disk usage randomly goers to 100%
Thx fot the help tho apprciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.