Question PC freezes momentarily, and peripherals disconnect then reconnect ?

Jul 28, 2023
Hello all, randomly when playing games, browsing the web, even just using discord my computer seems to freeze for about 1-10s, it disconnects everything currently connected to my pc via usb and then reconnects them and I un-freeze. If I am playing a game the game doesn't even crash, and after the 1-10s I can just continue playing like it never happened. It seems to trigger quite often when someone joins or leaves my discord channel but I think that could be just a big coincidence as that doesn't really make any sense.

I've tried using event viewer to source the issue, and discovered every time I freeze I get a Kernel Event Tracing error id 28. I think this may just be due to the fact that when I freeze my peripherals disconnect then reconnect , but every time I plug in my ASTRO A50's and my Hyper X Quadcast S I get those errors. Not sure if those errors could cause the freeze in the first place though. Seems to happen about only once a day not sure if i can remember if it's happened more than once in a day and I use my computer for hours upon hours everyday. Any help appreciated been dealing with this pretty much ever since I built the PC and I can't take it anymore.

My specs:
GPU : Asus Strix 3080
CPU : i9 13900k
MOBO : Asus z790-e
RAM : Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 64gb 6400mhz
PSU : Corsair Shift Series 1000W
NVMe SSDs : Corsair MP 600 and Corsair MP 600 PRO XT

• I have tried upgrading my PSU from 850w to 1000w didn't fix it.
  • I have tried upgrading my RAM from 32gb 6000mhz to 64gb 6400mhz didn't fix it.
  • I have tried upgrading my MOBO from asus z690e to asus z790e didn't fix it.
  • I have tried doing a complete clean install of windows (formatting the drive it was originally installed on and reinstalling with a USB) but that didn't fix it.
  • I have tried replacing the A50's and Quadcast with brand new ones, didn't fix it.
  • I have tried going into Power Management and turning off USB Selective Suspend, also went into device manager and made every single device that had the option of not allowing the pc to turn it off unchecked.
  • I have tried updating bios to most current one, didn't fix it.

** WHAT HAS WORKED FOR A WEEK STRAIGHT NOW NO FREEZES **

Go into 'Device Manager' look in every single spot for anything usb related, right click on it, go to properties, power management and make sure to uncheck let your pc turn this device off to save power.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS